www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Individual Player Thread: Jeff -> Max (Security)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Starlight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm glad you're OK, Max. What the hell is going on, anyway? I heard we were attacked by anti-Freedom terrorists!"
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Don't be silly, i'm sure there are other targets for these scum bags. Anyway, its just rumors, i would not bother with them"

" also, i have not heard anything, so until then, tey are just rumors"
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, if you say so, Max. Just be careful, ok?" and with that she briefly gets up on tip-toes and plants a lip-shaped smudge on your visor. "See you later!" she says and steps back into the flow of the crowd heading to Ring 10. She gives a little wave as she goes through the doors.

Alex comments over the suit's comm "When you get your ass back here you can tell me what your secret is. Where did you say she worked again?".

After a few minutes people from Ring 15 start turning up, led by another security officer who's name might be Tom or Todd. He's one of those people you see around but never really got talking to.

Alex lets him in to R11 while the pair of you stay on the door. The corridor between rings is quiet now. After a few minutes you are told that the civilians are in their pods and get the order to proceed to R17.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head toward R17.....
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R17 is bustling with staff from different sectors. The gravity is a bit weird here. It fluctuates seemingly at random.

You and Alex are posted to cover an office which has been converted into an impromptu med facility. It's near an airlock that some engineers have used to go outside. Judging from your security data feed the three engineers are Zak, Alpesh and Jake who you know.

Standing on guard for a few minutes you notice New America through a window. It seems quite large, slightly bigger than you remember.

Over the security comm there is an alert. Auto-turrets have fired upon a group of Mag-Crabs that were surveying the damage to R20. All but one were being controlled remotely. The survivor is hurt and has managed to get to the air-lock near you.

You receive a personal comm from your section leader. You, Alex and three other security officers are to form a combat detail. 5 heavy security suits will be delivered to the airlock near you. You are to suit up and cover the engineers outside. Within a few minutes the suits arrive. It seems like you're going to have to protect Zak, Alpesh and Jake.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suit up!!! ang get all securiy perso into the airlock....lets boogie!

What weapons do i have? Cool

What am i protecting th engineers from? the turrets or other?
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suit has the following equipment:

Small calibre Dragon-5/10 caseless 5-barrelled chaingun firing 10mm rounds mounted on left arm.
Choice of two ammo hoppers. Has 800 rounds of AP Sabot ammo and 300 rounds of explosive. Has multiple self-clearing feeds and an alternate fire mode where each barrel can be loaded with a round and all of them fired simultaneously. Ploughs through ammo if used for sustained fire.

1 kilo-watt Pulse Laser mounted on right arm. Independent capacitor good for 400 rounds but can also use the suit's power indefinately. Can get quite warm if used for an extended period of continuous fire.

2 single shot smart Magmatron missiles mounted in a disposable pod over your left shoulder. Each missile is about the length of your fore-arm and has a thermite warhead. Is equivalent to napalm only nastier and for use against spaceships.

Centi-Rocket pod on right shoulder which contains around 180 small rockets each around 3cm in length. Each has a small, unguided explosive warhead. They are fin stabilised and, in an atmosphere, the fins can be deformed prior to launch making the rockets veer off to one side or another, and even curve up and down in their flight. A competent user can hit a moving target without having to turn.

The suit's arms also have animatronic hands with pressure feedback for delicate manipulations. The feet have retractable spikes and have in-built electromagnets. There is a sensor suite built-in and a powerful ECM, too. On your back is a pack containing a small cold-fusion reactor which is continually topping up a series of capacitors and a high flux battery. There is an inbuilt magetic field generator which is used to defend against railgun slugs, causing them to deviate away from the user. It is, however, most effective against Ion weapons as charged ions are magnetic but have very little mass and are easily deviated. It can be "strobed" in order to create a light EMP effect which is usually enough to disrupt unshielded electronics. Your own systems are insulated against it's effects and your guided weapons don't arm until outside the field. The maximum radius it can have is 100 metres.

There are some jets that are used for propulsion. In a vacuum they blast out hot helium. In an atmosphere they mix this with the air and create a jet effect.

There are a pair of robo-arms on your suit. One of them is fitted with a claw and retractible drill which doubles as an acid injector. The second arm is fitted with a hi-pressure sticky web gun. An old favourite for non-lethal crowd control. The course web rarely suffocates but contracts slightly as it sets - and it sets within seconds. Even mechanical equipment can be seriously impaired by the web. These auxiliary arms can be given commands and they will carry them out autonomously.

Your mission is to protect the engineers as they go to R20 and disable the turrets. It seems that they've malfunctioned and are targetting non-hostile units. Your team is to clear a path to airlock 4 on R20 and have the engineers follow you.

Most of the turrets can't target objects on the hull. however there are specific anti-boarder tuerrets which are designed to do exactly that. They usually have a pair of small-calibre railguns and a pair of lasers. Nasty if struck by them head on - but the angle is deliberately too shallow to penetrate the hull of the station.

As you leave the airlock on R17 you start the walk to the engineers. as you approach you notice that one of the turrets is turning to face them.

Last edited by fluffy_paul on Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"alex, i'm going to 'sticky' the turret, you blast it with your centi pod rockets, i'll then cover you with my chain gun"

Carry this plan out

To the other team members " perimiter sweep, deactivate malfuntioning turrets"
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spray the turret with sticky webbing. Although you don't think you covered the railgun barrels enough to block them you seem to have covered over the sensors. The turret begins firing before it has a chance to fully point at the engineering crew. Alex launches a barrage of centi-rockets which heavily dent and scorch the thick armour of the turret and manage to chew off the four weapon barrels.

The turret is turning from side to side still trying to fire on the crew only the railgun slugs pour out the front of it like bubbles in a fish tank. This looks a little strange at first until you remember that on the space station everything is being pushed away from the core. On the inside this force keeps you stuck to the floor. On the outside it means that you're actually hanging off the bottom of the station. The sense of being upside down is cancelled out by the small grav-plates in your suit. However - the only thing keeping you stuck to the station is the powerful electromagnets in the feet of the suit.

There are at least another 18 such turrets between here and the airlock to R20.
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Sec teams " guys, one of you sticky the turret, the other launches the centi rockets, if that is not enough use the explosive rounds on your chain gun. Try to cover the sensor!!"

to the engineering crew " just stay behind us and stay out of the way, this could get messy!"
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After fighting your way to R20 you make it to the air-lock. It's powered-down which is strange considering that the turrets here are active - and they were supposed to have been triggered by reactivating this very air-lock. Your security team debates how best to get the door open without power and the most straight-forward way seems to be to use the manual override to open the door mechanically. If there is still pressure on the inside then this will have locked the doors in place and it won't work.
If this is the case then it might be worth drilling through to release the pressure. The engineers should be able to seal any holes airtight with their Metalloid Foam dispensers. These decks aren't being maintained by life support any more so any pressurised sections will just be isolated pockets that can be bled off into space. The engineers have an arc welder and a mecha claw each if there needs to be heavy-duty cutting happening.
As you're inspecting the airlock's outer door one of your team pats your shoulder to get your attention. He points up at the stars where you can see New America. "Is it me or is the planet bigger out here?"
You're looking at it when your suit registers a point-to-point comm from behind you: "Can you receive me? My connection to the engineering channel is malfunctioning! I need to tell you about that engineer's damaged MagCrab!"

Last edited by fluffy_paul on Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To SEC team: " 2 teams cover the perimiter, justin case anything wants to pay us a visit....right...come on move it."

To engineers: Guys, we need to get this lock open, so either you do it with you tools, or i do it with mine!"

Talk to self: "I wonder...it does look like the new ameica is getting bigger.........."
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake and Zak are concentrating on the MagCrab in the distance so Alpesh wanders over and starts opening the panel to the manual opening mechanism. There's a pressure indicator inside and it shows that the airlock is, indeed, pressurised. "Damn it - this is going to slow us down. It's not just pressurised - it's 5 times normal pressure. If I drill it, the airlock could decompress explosively and tear a chunk out of anything infront of it. I'm going to use a remote demolition charge." He pulls out a stack of what looks like grey credit cards with a yellow and black trim and the "Explosive" warning symbol sencilled on the front and back in bright red ink. He crouches over the airlock door and cuts small holes around the reinforced diamond window into which he places a charge. On the outside of the station it looks like the door is set into the floor.

Suddenly Jake the Engineer says "Max - I'm strugging to hack that MagCrab. I might need you to shoot it in a few seconds time if Zak also can't hack it."

Alex appears to have heard that communication and starts taking aim with his arm-mounted weapons. His Dragon starts spinning up to full speed.

At the back of your mind - you're fairly sure that New America is bigger than it ought to be.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex: " i don't think that is going to do the trick, try your smart Magmatron missiles, that will be the end of it.....!"

"Alpesh....how far should we be away?... Confused "
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"OK, Max. I'm trying to track it but I can't get an IFF lock. What do you think? Laser painting, active radar, optical lock or vidi-guided mode? It keeps weaving between the turrets."

Sure enough Alex is right. The guy the Crab is chasing keeps ducking between the turrets as he tries to avoid it. The crab is thrusting through space so every time the guy on the hull turns sharply the crab's momentum drags it off course. As he tries to escape the Crab the guy is fiddling with a device in his hands and eventually he starts firing great arcs of electricity at it. It's not a weapon you've seen on the station before. Every time the guy hits the Crab it seems to be blinded for a moment, letting him put some more distance between him and it.

Alpesh says "It's ok - I'm going to remotely detonate it. I'm only going to take out the viewport to relieve the pressure that's locking the doors in place. Then we can open it manually. We'll all be hiding behind turrets when it goes, at least that's the plan. This thing's pumped up to 5 times normal pressure - but that shouldn't take the hull out. This is R20, man. It's got armour that can withstand a micro-singularity hit and still be airtight!"

After a few moments the crab starts executing a turn to maneuver around a turret but half way through something goes wrong. It seems to lose power and just gently spins, bounces off the turret and starts drifting over the side of the station as it spins.

"What took you so long?" exclaims the guy who was being chased.

"Looks like the guy's microwave tool did the trick!" says Alex. "You know we'll probably have to impound it after this is over."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Starlight All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: