www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Group Thread: IKP, Sandy, Jeff.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Starlight
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Group Thread: IKP, Sandy, Jeff. Reply with quote

Gentlemen - your reaction to Phase 0, please.

FYI:

Jefferson is a large cylinder built from a stack of 20 discrete rings each with five thick spokes that connect to a central core. Gravity is simulated by a combination of slowly rotating the station and artificial gravity generators. The central core is a zero-G environment and is packed with things that don't need gravity to remain healthy - like various computer systems as well as water storage. Obviously not in the same compartments.

Jefferson is home to over 20,000 individuals from most walks of life. Unemployment is 0 as all accomodation is leased by the companies that have a stake in the station. Being fired usually means being put on the next shuttle to New America. There is a low serious crime rate (excluding murder) on the station. This has often been put down to the fact that there isn't anywhere to hide so criminals are often "going doody" in their own back-yard, as it were, where everyone knows them. However petty crime such as disorderly behaviour is fairly frequent. USA stations have the highest death rates in the whole galaxy. This is a combination of lots of murders and a high number of accidental deaths in vacuum. "How many rednecks does it take to change a solar panel? 25 - one to change the panel and the other to collect the bodies of the other 23 who'd taken off their helmets because they needed a beer".

Most New Americans on Jefferson own a Flesch-18: essentially a caseless buckshot pistol with a 18mm bore which fires clusters of hollow plastic BBs. Can cause lacerations at distance and punch a nastly looking hole in someone at close range and is entirely safe to use on a space station. All Jefferson residents own an emergency vacuum suit and also know where the escape pods are. Exactly where they keep their vacc suits however is another matter. Many are blasť about their safety and leave them in their quarters.

Security is maintained by private guards hired by the stakeholding corps. The security force is licensed to use electroshock weapons in a number of forms and often does as the citizens tend to think it unfair when JefSec unloads at them with Flesch-R25 automatic shotguns. They wear rigid blue armour reminiscent of state police forces (replete with gold-effect finished badge on the left breast) that seems to have been designed solely to withstand point-blank Flesch-18 shots. They wear full face visors which are transparent and incorporate a projected display. Their suits are fully sealed when the visor is locked down and are capable of operating in a vacuum. Occasionally someone tries to bring a solid-core firearm onboard and JefSec deploys their apparent zero-tolerance policy of opening fire at the weapon and typically removing the limb it is attached to. They've not been sued yet as the stewardesses on the shuttles clearly point out that bringing such a weapon onto the space station is an "act of war" against all those who live there and even collect the signatures of people who read the terms and conditions of entering Jefferson.

Transport to and from the station is achived by the station shuttles that moor at each end of the central core. No other ship is allowed to dock and people will often be asked to park in orbit around New America before being picked up by the shuttle for a fee. The station has a number of defensive turrets ostensibly for picking off meteroids but they have been used on occasion to deliver some warning shots to ships that have strayed too close.

Use this Topic to talk to each other. Use your individual topics to talk to the GM.

This is PHASE 0 - please point that out in your posts.

Last edited by fluffy_paul on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Starlight: Group Thread: IKP, Flossy, Sandy. Reply with quote

fluffy_paul wrote:
Jefferson is a large cylinder built from a stack of 20 discrete rings each with five thick spokes that connect to a central core.

This true, Jeff?

You hide it well! No-one would ever know. What's your secret? Wink

Just getting the Tangent Bunny out of the room there.
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Paul, where abouts in the station do I (Zak) think that the blast came from? I know I should be using the personal thread but this is an open question and it's easier to stay on top of if all discussion takes place in the same thread, no?

OOC: Jef, like it! We're destined to be a bunch of no-hopers. Splendid!

Last edited by I-KP on Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: i' m off duty...but Reply with quote

i suppose i better report in and see what the fuss is about.

Max
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See your individual threads for answers which you may then present here.
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still confused as to what goes where but hey...

An engineering official stands up from his table, being jostled about by people making for the exits, looks a bit lost ... moving slowly, not being quite so bothered by the patchy gravity, toward the back of the people-jam trying to head out to the main concourse.
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember guys - you all know each other and you can talk to each other on this channel.

In the 27th century everyone is networked in one way or another. There aren't separate communication devices. Everyone has a basic computer available that serves all the functions of a 21st century home PC, mobile phone, camera... pretty much you name it. Some people are "chipped" and have a direct link in their brain with a GUI overlays on their vision whilst others have manual interfaces that take the form of a high resolution polychromatic fibre mesh called a flexie that is like a flexible screen and input device all in one. It's all wireless, too.
The flexie will stick to itself so you can wrap it around e.g. your arm and secure it. Often people get special contact lenses to compliment it so the flexie is just an input device and core processor and the display in on the lenses. It's up to you what you have as either are fairly common.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Conference Communication Call: "Max, Jon? You guys okay? I'm on my way to R17 to pickup an E-EVA and help out. Looks like we've lost a chunk of R20 with damage to R19 & 18. I think Security are setting up blocks in R17? You there Max?"
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Conference Communication Call: "Roger Zak..."

"No, i'm in 11 babysitting the crowds toward the pods......"

"Security is going to be very tight in R17, just make sure you don't irritate the Sec officers there!"

" i have to go, some idiot is trying my patience.........."
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Conference Communication Call: "Wait, don't irritate whom in R17? What should I say to who's in command there? I've got to get in some how. Perhaps you could let them know I'm coming maybe?

"Try to be patient with the civs, Max. They're only scared. Look after yourself up there."
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Conference Communication Call: "I meant, the security is going to be very tight until we knwow for sure what the hell is going on; but you should have clearance so stop worrying about it and get down to work and get this thing fixed....OK; as for Civis, they shoudl know better than to argue in such a situation."
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Conference Communication Call: "Sorry. I'm on my way.

"By the way, you might like to know; we were hit by a some kind of object. Might have to eject R18 thru R20. Are Security holding anything of interest in those Rings do you know?"
fluffy_paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM note:

The Station is built from identical rings secured with various clamps and explosive bolts. Whilst uncoupling a ring is not unheard of it's never needed to be done on Jefferson before.
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCC call: "guys, any more info than what i've heard already? I'm heading to sickbay in R11 to help out, some casualties are expected. How paniced are the crowd getting, Max? you need a medic up there just in case?"
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCC: "If you're able we may need you down in R17. We've got three rings of possible casualties coming thru those tubes! I'll bet no-one has set up a triage on R17 yet. You could be a popular guy!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Starlight All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: