www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Closing Events Aboard The KOMET
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Closing Events Aboard The KOMET Reply with quote

The game ended a bit abruptly last night so I may not have properly convey the closing events for those aboard the KOMET;

After fending off a number of the Wildmen, Fliescher and Wolfe entered the frozen officer's quarters to assist the injured Dreher, Wannamacher and Lange. The other three Engineers had fled in panic farther into Deck 6, pursued by the same beast that ran amok in the officer's quarters not moments ago. Hoffeman, nursing his wounded leg, hobbled into the icy chamber leaning on the shoulder of Mohr.

Wolfe barely had time to complete his lament about how hopeless the situation was, how suicidal the attempt to navigate four decks would be when the group had only made it down the ladder from the Bridge and had been almost killed, when the ship suddenly lurched into forward motion taking all off their feet! The waves seemed to stop lashing against the sides of the hull and instead sounded like they were breaking against the bow as the KOMET began to power it's way forward through the arctic storm.

"This is impossible. This can't be." said Lange whilst pulling back his heavy weather coat hood to improve his hearing, and kneel down to lay a hand upon the icy floor, "The engines aren't on!"

"How can … ", Wanamacher's gut injury taking his breath away for a moment, "Then how can we be moving?!"

Eerie moans from the hull of the ship echo from below as the force of the forward motion places the vessel under stress. Lange estimates that the ship is being propelled forward at an "impossible" speed of approximately 40knots! Crashing can be heard from the outside as the waves break away great lumps of ice from the hull, dashing them across the deck and into the night-time Norwegian Sea. The bow of the KOMET cut into the deadly sea sending curtains of freezing water dozens of feet into the cold air on either side.

Five miles North, still caught in the grip of the unnatural arctic maelstrom, the 15'000 horsepower engines of the HSK 2 ATLANTIS exploded into life driving the 7'500 ton ship forward against the fury of the seas at a persistent 6knots.

Two Snipers continued to fire down from the Observation Turret that rings the Bridge, at the dark shapes that scampered and scurried across the bow of the Raider, more and more were being deposited on deck with every massive wave. Neither Sniper was able to report having brought any of the mysterious invaders down after having spent over fifty round between them, but they were able to suppress the shadows preventing more of them from disappearing below decks through an open hatch.

The ALTANTIS gently crept round to Port eventually resting at a Heading ordered by Captain Rogge, 180', and continued on it's new course into the blackness of the unearthly storm…

Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for all when I say "Oh Scheiße!"

http://www.gastroscout.com/woc/dirtcrap.cfm
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note...can people who aren't on lates PLEASE try to be there a bit earlier, as I'm usually there by half 6 and HAVE to leave at 10 to 11.

At the moment, I'm only really getting 90 minutes of play per night. Sad

(And that's before the broken nose)
dave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said to start without me - I always work late - this can't be helped. (That's what a job working with Americans does for you - damn 5 hour time difference!)
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit hard to 'play without me' when three people are missing.
Church

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall try and be there a bit earlier - should we try and refix the start time ?

( Mike we also pretty much stop within 5 mins of you leaving anyway - but I see your point)*

edit : * didn't realise how this sounded till actually read it - what I meant to say was t'would be in all our intrests to start earlier

I thank you Wink
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that I have but three more weeks finishing at 9pm, then three weeks free, followed by only two more weeks of 9pm finishing. Then that's it!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have just heard that the module in question will not be running in the evening next year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Iain, be mister assertive and get this rabble in order! Laughing

M
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Right you ..." *cough splutter*

*clears throat*

"Right you 'orrible bag of worms! Whateversgoodforyouisgoodforme." *wilt*

Seriously,

Starting at 2030+ is begining to extract the urine. Fully understand why and all, but bollox to reason! Yeah ... ANARCHY! *clears throught again*

Yes, well. Ahem.

I'm sure we can all come to some kind of agreement.

(PS. sorry tonight's game it off - revolting head)
Twisted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-KP wrote:

(PS. sorry tonight's game it off - revolting head)

Twisted Evil

No comment apart from get well soon Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty much a given really wasn't it. Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for neglecting a couple of people during last night's game. It has come to the point where every player is embroiled within their own little situation, which would indicate and involved session; but time division multiplexing can be a little unfair at times and for this I apologise (ostensibly to Dave whom I think saw the least activity due to Riesse's condition).

The up shot(?) is that the PC count may be significantly reduced come the end of the next game... Shocked
Twisted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing Fiddler's Wheel "Stuck in the Middle with you" playing through my brain.
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...You'll change your tune when the greased spanner comes out to play. Confused

Let's see if Klaus can talk his way out of this one.
Twisted

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of tough with a greasy rag in my throat Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'd be most upset to hear you call him that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: