www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[RULES] DREAMING & In-Game Flow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: [RULES] DREAMING & In-Game Flow Reply with quote

DREAMING AND IN-GAME FLOW

Dream By Email.

Those that have the ability to Dream and plan to make use of it can do so but in order to avoid interrupting the in-game flow - as not all party members can Dream, or want to - I suggest that Dreamers resolve their actions via email between games. Don't worry too much about the number of nights that are spent sleeping in-game as Dreaming is a fairly abstract thing anyway so unregulated email conversations seems to fit in with this notion just fine.

There may be the odd occasion that we play a Travelling scenario or two in-game but only when most of the Players are able to participate (and those that are not are 100% happy with playing an NPC for a short while).

It might be a good idea to take your character sheet away with you if you plan to Dream.

Training Whilst Dreaming.

In the event of making a roll and scoring an On The Job Training tick (for Practice Skills) - yes, even tho we are communicating via email for Dreaming rolls will still be required so think of it as PbEmail - Amateur Dreamers must make a Memory roll upon waking in order to remember any developments. To mesh with in-game and the abstract Play By Email aspect we will, at points in the email conversation, determine 'Waking Points' where this roll can be made. If the PC remembers then you get to scribble the development onto your character sheet ready for use the morning after the next in-game night.

Long term development is all but ineffective for the Amateur Dreamer so please don't ask about it until you're a Professional Traveller!

Also keep in mind that Dreaming is a Study Skill so it will require a Source in order to develop anyway. As you may have gathered by now, Dreaming Sources are all over the place actually in the Dreamlands but until you're a Professional you can't benefit from them. The Amateur needs to study from Waking World Sources. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverence Ammar Mushtaq,
Temple Of The Elder Gods,
Ulthar.

The Travel Stones are no linger in the large wardrobe but now find themselves in the midden heap at the base of the tower. Martin can shed more light on this I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over to you major Shik'
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Over to you major Shik'

Ammar has clearly got his ghoolies in a twist. The only data I have I quote here:

"Ammar has been most eager to relocate your Travel Stones and advise that Shik and his like not enter the Temple Of The Elder Gods as long as they draw breath! Some mention of being tainted with a darkness. Clearly not a happy Ghouly."

Shik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: