www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outcast LRP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the weather map on t'BBC it does look like it won't be that bad - it's due to stop raining between 09:00 and 12:00 and then stay cloudy for the rest of the day -- in fact the site may not even be touched by excess precipitation at all.

I'm not too worried about space in the car; we've got nearly double the capacity of my old car, so even with the two big tents it shouldn't be too much of a problem (after all we got 6 large people and 6 people x 1 week's luggage in the storage space of a Zafira). So calculating at 1 tent, 1 bag and various bits of armour for 4-5 people should leave enough space.

If necessary the back seat people can carry on their lap.
I-KP nli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is next to a power station. If there is to be any rain it will hose it down in the vacinity of that moisture collector. Localised heavy rainfall near power stations is well documented.

Will trust your spatial judgement then. Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe doesn't finish work on Friday until 1400 and needs and hour or two to 'wind down', so that's looking like 1600 pick-up; leaves three(ish) hours to set up (unless some silly double journey thing goes on which might be a PITA).
Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spare ground sheet if anyone needs it.

And I'll be setting up my OOC tent first, so I'll see you gouys when you arrive!

PS from my experience, setting up IC tents always takes longer than you expect, especially if me have not practiced/planned what we are doing. I'd estimate 4+ hours to get the camp set up.
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe and I aren't going to be able to leave before 3-4pm. This would have been fine if we'd stuck to the plan of getting some stuff done on Thursday but that went for a Burton at the 11th hour making any work/shift changes impossible. If a plan is made, and everyone agrees, it should be stuck to and not pissed about with at the last minute.
Branithar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz wrote:

PS from my experience, setting up IC tents always takes longer than you expect, especially if me have not practiced/planned what we are doing. I'd estimate 4+ hours to get the camp set up.

Scout tents are a piece of p!ss to put up, done it dozens of times, should take a max. of 30mins each, and that includes the chin stroking Very Happy

i'm bringing an OOC tent, the weather looks like it'll be warm but with monsoon like showers here and there so want somewhere i know will be dry to sleep, that'll only take 15mins.

if we work together to quickly get any OOC tents pitched (badly if necessary, they can be tidied up later) before all the best spots are nicked, then we can work on the IC tents afterwards which have reserved plots.

realistically we won't be on site until gone 5pm, even with check-in; general kit humping; faffing and tents i'd hope to be set up by 7pm.

unless i hear differently i'll be aiming to get to IKP's at about 3-3.30pm

see you all soon!
dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev'll be popping 'round mine at 14:30 - so this may mean its sensible for me to pick up Steve after that and then go to the temple of Asda for general supplies. This works out well for me as I may have to be on the phone with work until the afternoon (bloody incidents).

I may have to take a supervisory role on tent setting up as my shoulder is still hurting (remember take lots of muscle relaxants), I may have to fight left handed for the game as well Sad At least I can turn my head now!
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oki-dokey (on all counts).
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went.
We shouted a lot.
We scorched.
We all came back pink.
Cool

Big kudos to Dave for the lift. Beer incoming.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grubby kinsmen of the Once Dead Pittcarden Vanguard:-

Cainnech (Dave), Gaed (me), Bran (Steve), Talorcan (Kev).
Missing: Kaleri (Buzz).

Priestess Sabel (war mode), Priestess Sabel (happy mode*).
* Not that she wasn't happy in war mode.
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Weapons Check Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Good to see you all at weekend. Hope you're recovery goes better than mine?!

Got a question re: weapons check.
Did you have any problems or feel the people doing this were heavy handed?
The guy twisted the hafts of my polearms so hard to make sure they were glued down, that I could see the foam straining through the latex!
He also bent the tips of my blades so hard to find the end of the core, that some of my weapons now have creases on them!

Before I make my unhappiness known, I thought I'd ask if you encountered any problems?
Church

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice anything with the weapons check, not that that means much.

Was a good event. My only gripes are :

1) too many damage calls ( which the monster/players weren't 100% on, understandable as 1st use of system)

2) too much arsing around in hot sun with no shade on the Sunday.

Nice to see the Kids invloved in a creative way.

Nice to see You, rich and the others
Branithar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons Check Reply with quote

Nicebut Jim wrote:

Before I make my unhappiness known, I thought I'd ask if you encountered any problems?

They let off my sword even though the pommel was just gaffa taped on, but yes... they were a tad rough... plus it was done on the honour system, so no way of knowing a weapon had been checked
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an online feedback form on their site at some point; I plan to make use of that. On the whole I shall be positive because the event was good and the teething problems are understandable (aside from some tin-pot Hitlery going on with their web admin deleting posts at will).

+ Respectful of players, mature attitudes and no molly-coddling.
+ The kids got heavily involved without actually getting in the way or becoming little annoyances.
+ NPC leaders were inclusive and not at all eliteist.
+ Plot seemed to involved all nations quite happily.
+ The Predani were, of course, quite bloody brilliant.
+ Services and ammenities were good.
+ Approachable and receptive GOD staff. Always a good thing.
+ Heavy armour and Shields actually mean something beyond just having more hits.
+ The Lore as given proves to be furtile ground for players' imaginations.
+ Spirits of the Land - a nice take on having Ref. presence.

- The site is very limited; no room for off-the-beaten-track liniars.
- Their web admin has been a bit of a cock. (Only people who have something to hide / be ashamed of delete fora posts.)
- Too much faffing around in the baking sun for hours on end. (Not entirely their fault, you can't control the weather, but plots should have been flexible enough to deal with such eventualities.)
- Too many calls to remember (which no-one did remember, not even the monster crew or even a couple of the Spirits of the Land).
- "Take me to your NPC" was in effect (tho not as bad as in other games).
- Need to improve on the amount of info given out in the lead-up to events (mainly logistics). All to often it felt like I was talking to the Star Trek computer: it knew all but wouldn't volunteer anything unless you asked just the right question.
- Group XP. Stupid idea. Get rid.

I'd go back. Would any of you? Talk on the boards of an event in April and September next year. (Also frothing about faction specific mini-events like a Predani Moot et al.)
Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your points.
Also, the rule book says one thing in one section, and another somewhere else about the same thing.

Interested in going back, I liked the backgrounds and plot, but I'd like to see how the rules get improved. Also, I think that not enough was done to push the cultural side of things (possibly do to it being hot).

As I mentioned, Odyssey![url]http://forums.rule7.co.uk/Forum95-1.aspx[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> LARPing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: