www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outcast LRP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Outcast LRP Reply with quote

http://www.outcastlrp.com/

July 3rd-5th.

Jim pointed me to this, he's going. It's local(ish) and new so no clawing clawing back impossible leads from the existing players. Rules seems pretty standard, as does much of it, and the numbers are expected to be 100-600 - bigger than Nycto but smaller than LT stuff. Early booking ends May 10th (diff. between 40 and 45 quid).

Takers anyone?
Mike H nsi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly - it looks like a complicated system though..
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon? I thought it was fairly standard stuff.

Anyone else taking a look? Amazingly, Zoey has expressed a interest.
Mike H nsi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the background/races/gods bit, rather than the rules. Still potentially interested though. What sort of group did you have in mind?
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in mind really, TBH nothing jumped out and said "play me"; just more of a willingness to join in if there is a group interested.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Cat NLI Reply with quote

Yeah Jim pointed me to it too.
Not really had chance to looking into it but, I'm interested.
I-KP nli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, like most games, it will be what we put into it. If there is a group willing to go then I'm sure we can all sit down and come up with a decent group concept (if you submit a concept you get plot a la Nycto and GD). If we can get a good mob together and pull in some of the old guard -Zoe is interested too and perhaps she might be able to talk some of the other WAGs into it- then I reckon that would be about superb. It's a new game which is always the best time to jump in and carve out a niche.

Also, I'm itchin' to buy some new kit and this is an ideal excuse. I'm after some of that rubber/allie maille plus some other bits and bobs and was thinking that we might be able to blag a 'bulk' order discount from Darkblade (only ppl who make the composite allie stuff AFAIK) if other peeps are lookin' to update their wardrobe, darlings.
Embarassed

I'll work on the Thursday night crew tonight but no reason why anyone else can't spread the word and tap some of the old hands as well, eh. BTW, early booking ends May 10th.
Mike H nsi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do need a feeble excuse to buy some riveted mail..
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tuesday" is a feeble excuse; going Larping is probably one of the better ones. Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, thus far the following have expressed an interest:

Hough
Kev
Dave
Tony
Me
Zoe
Cat

July 3rd-5th are the dates. I'll be honest: I'm only really interested if a reasonable-sized group wanna go, the above looks like a reasonable sized group! Who actually wants to go?
Branithar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm up for it, been ages since i got drunk in a field... no idea where Sawley is... so i guess transport is the only stopper
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

I don't know where it is either but it's somewhere local(ish).
Branithar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, their booking system is a bit arse about face a you have to create your character before booking a place, and i couldn't find a page that has details of prices and locations etc. so i've emailed them

There is an option when booking to create a group for the game - so we can all register under one group and go as a unit... soooo unless folks want to go along as solo's, we will need to:

*Think of a Group Name
*Decide on a general group theme e.g. kingdom and poss. races
*Work out who is playing what

This should give us some cohesion and the choice of kingdoms affects which groups you can join, so we'd all need to come from the same one.

As for a group name it'll probably need to reflect our choice of kingdom and races, but i'll throw this one out for the moment: Lex Rex (Kings of Leicester... well roughly translated)

The person who makes a booking and creates a new group will automatically become group leader... any volunteers?
Branithar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing they have said is they are family focussed and kids are welcome... so all you guys with little ones have no excuses not to come along for a weekend away!
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff and agree 100% with all points.

Lex Rex sounds good enough for me - no need to be up our own arses, eh. Wink

As for concept, the stranger the more likely we are to get some plot that sounds out from the thrum (or more likely to be ignored if they are inflexible in their idea on what they want to do); take a risk and stand out or be an alsorand. If we are a larger group -which we might be if everyone hussles- then we could consider something naughty/evil/whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> LARPing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: