www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mid 1941 - DOWNTIME
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Mid 1941 - DOWNTIME Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

This week's game will be the last before we take a break. We will then be
entering into an extended period of DT (downtime) within which I hope to
resolve a great many of the loose ends that have been accumulated over the
months (or not - depends on what you want to get shifted). This means
that we are going to have to resolve DT via the MutePoint (here) and email. If
you do not intend to keep tabs on these convenient methods of
communication then your character will be doing nothing more than 'ticking
over' throughout this period. Perfectly acceptable if that is your wish
but it would be a shame as I think input from all will be require to
accomplish most tasks.

Mikey will be running a game for the break period. I have no details
beyond what has been posted on the MutePoint already so please direct any
questions to him. God help us all.

Stay wiggly chaps.

Last edited by I-KP on Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Down time Reply with quote

I would like my character to be spending the time researching the books which we have inherited from Dritesauge. I have read through Carter's journal and would like to carry on the theme of the dreamlands. I would also like this to be interspersed with field work- ie going to the dreamlands, to augment and test the knoweldge gleaned from the books, and of course to look for Dritesauge himself! This should increase my usefulness of being able to dream, as well as my knowledge of the lands themselves. Twisted Evil

The Baron was dispatched to purloin a certain text- if he has it then that needs to be studied also.

I suggest that the time to study the 40th book of the Old Testament may be now (in nannying circumstances of course, I don't want the old women to be worried) Laughing

Martin
Church

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Marty,
I would also like to know if / when we get any reply from dt - and if so can we arrg to get him to take out a travel stone so we can dream right to him.

Er also looking at the 'ol cancer cure stuff.

and working on my languages - Englishand spanish primarily

Also incantations needs work - in liu of a teacher / book i guess it's practise

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Joint Efforts Reply with quote

I suggest that Kev and I work together where appropriate, for this should maximise our efforts, and of course two people will have the knoweldge base in case one should perish... Twisted Evil Two heads are better than one also.

M
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

Understood.

I'll get on this sooner or later - Waging Of War is taking up most of my brain time ATM.

Also, the break game may go on for a bit longer than two or three weeks. I suggest that we treat this as an opportunity to play two break-games, another after Mike's, both 2-3 sessions in length?
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: [long] Reply with quote

Okay, lets get this machine back on the road.

DREAMLANDS

Reply From Gerhard Steinhauer (via Orb Of Nodens).
In the Orb the following note and a small ornate oil lantern with frosted amber panes are found;

“Gentlemen. Friends. Firstly I must apologise for my deceptions. An underhand action yet entirely necessary as am I sure you all now understand. Rest assured that as a direct result of your speedy intervention my projection transpired without undesirable circumstance and I am now able to resume my life here, at a home. I have much to undertake but of these matters I will not elaborate beyond stating that I am following up leads concerning the Waterstone dust. I believe that I am now on the trail of something with immense implications.

“Everything that I have left behind in the waking world is yours. May it assist you in your upcoming ordeals. Learn from the information that you now have to hand and take heed of all warnings therein. Exercise the utmost care with some of those texts my friends, especially the 40th. It has taken me nearly three waking decades to gather that knowledge. Also, be wary of a man named Coronner – he is a well known collector who has expressed a most forceful interest in some of my books, he has a reputation for unscrupulous practices. My apartment has been warded against beast of unimaginable origin and yet, ironically, still vulnerable to a dangerous man armed with greed and a pry bar.

“I do not think that further communication will be possible. I have a long journey ahead of me but I will leave my Orb with Ammar in Ulthar. I have asked that he treat you as he would me. He is a good and wise man – respect his wishes. I have met with him since my return and fully briefed him regarding you all and your plight, furthermore it would be best if Klaus does not meet with Ammar. I think, as was the case with myself, the two men will not get along as Ammar is a far better reader of people than I and to this end I fear a frosty reception.

“By the way, never refer to Ammar as being a Ghoul. He has a slight complex about it. Irrational, yes, but genius is often mistaken for madness. His official title cannot be pronounced but I seem to have got by over the years by addressing him as ‘Reverence Ammar’.

“If I could impose upon you for one more favour; would you explain to Schubert of my journey? He will know of what you speak. He has been expecting my leaving but not quite so soon.

“Ekhart, the ‘eye’ to which you refer is an Artefact of Iddh. I have never been able to fathom it’s function but kept it on my desk as a curiosity to remind me that no matter how much a man may learn there are always new mysteries to unravel. Consider it yours, Ekhart.

“This is the Crystal Lantern that Ammar said would be required. I think you should be able to find the Rite in question within my Library. Exercise care and I suggest that you not conduct the Rite in the apartment as it is warded against Astral incursions.

“Tread the path of your journey carefully. Perhaps, one day, under more favourable circumstances, we will meet again.

“Your good friend,

Gerhard.”

SEARCH FOR THE LOST TOWN OF JADD

Red Tape
Seiler’s arrival to assist Max Gerber in his search for the Lost Town Of Jadd (in order to, hopefully, location something known as the Flagstones Of Jadd only upon which, as the writings say, the Child Of Destruction can be summoned and bound) has proved helpful. Seiler was able to work his way round the bureaucratic obstacles and even trace the origin of such obstacles back to the Gestapo, but not Krieg. Max has been able to organise surveys.

Max is now confident that the most probable site for the location of Jadd is a large area south-west of Chemnitz, only just within the central hexagonal layline region (in the very top right in fact). There have been a few hiccups in organising the digs but nothing that Max says he cannot handle.

It is likely that the digs will require extensive organisation and supervision. Any measures that you think should be employed should be communicated.

PROJEKT KONDOR link

Security Plans
The facility will be completed incorporating some of your recommendations. Unfortunately due to the time that has elapsed your recommendations will have to be curtailed in complexity.

PROJEKT EAGLE link

The Baron’s New Home
Under the guise of the ‘Baron’s New Home’ the dilapidated old Orthodox church near Szubin, Western Poland, will be rebuilt according to your instructions. Again, much with KONDOR, a plan of security measures will be required.

PERSONAL MATTERS

Personal Threads
Personal threads can also be furthered during DT. If you prefer, these matters can be resolved via PM or direct emails.

Bookworm
Any activities regarding BOOKWORM can also be furthered significantly during this DT period.

VJ’s Problem
This matter will require urgent attention as the risk to not only yourself but the those around VJ is significant. The Baron will make a timely return from Berlin with the Wolf pelt.

Personal Development
Depending upon how active a character is regarding other DT activities some amount of personal development could be undertaken. At the end of DT, the first game session back, we will go thru each character and you can make a case for development based purely on non-personal development DT activities, i.e., help to build KONDOR and learn something about Civil Engineering along the way.

OTHER MATTERS

Gerhard’s Library
There are a great number of books that are still to be deciphered. If downtime continues for as long as I expect there will be plenty of time to study a good number of these books.

The Loose Ends
Perhaps we should also see about addressing a good number of these loose ends;

Allow Prof.Happly to continue her research on the Child Of Destruction parchment fragments, and Projekt:WILDMAN...

Allow Alice Schwiliche to lead the project on what the chemical was that the SS were manufacturing in the basement of the Ore Mountain Processing Plant...

Then Prof.Happly can experiment on the nature of the Glyphstone and lay line significance...

Lets find out what Franzkopf is up to...

What are the SSD doing and does Franzkopf work for them...

Lets finish off the expedition to the source of the Nile...

Try to find out who/what was behind the events in the Dreamlands...

Find out who is opening up the Stygian Clefts / Vinculum...

Track down / learn of whether or not the two trapped Astral Wampyr ratted you all out, and if so who too...

What is Reichsprotektor Heydrich's involvment with the Wampyr...

Why was his armoured train attacked by a Darkwing all those months ago, while Heydrich was aboard...

Follow up on the lead of increased Milchcow acitivity at the North Sea seabed standing stone site...

Investigate more on who the hell Herr Krieg of the Gestapo is and who is pulling his strings...

What the christ was going on in the steel dome room between SS-Col. Tragan and the broken Hound, two years ago...

How in the world can a mad old Monk come to scribble a ritual to the Hydra on the wall of his outhouse in charcoal in Afrika...

Who/What is Codename:RIECHSFREUND...

Where did Fliescher 'go' when he had his little episode in the Star Temple in Afrika...

How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb (just making sure you're paying attention)...

Do the Mittekries know anything 'real' about the Koalition...

Was Hess a trap after all, and if so, who exposed him to the Hound...

How can a 3000 year old Frieze depict cultures that did not exist for several thousand years after the frieze was carved...

Why did Dreher see Colonel Konrad in a delusion, deep inside the Devil's Ear in Italy (location of the Stygian Cleft and Vinculum)...

How deeply does the influence of the British SOE go in all of this (if at all)...

What is Kraemer up to these days...

...and that's not an exhaustive list. Plenty to get on with, eh.

As for the amount of DOWNTIME that's not been fixed. Could be a long as six months. We shall see.
Twisted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: [long] Reply with quote

Gerhard wrote:
I have met with him since my return and fully briefed him regarding you all and your plight, furthermore it would be best if Klaus does not meet with Ammar. I think, as was the case with myself, the two men will not get along as Ammar is a far better reader of people than I and to this end I fear a frosty reception.

"Perhaps that is why he disliked you Gerhard, but I do not wallow in my own ego"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb (just making sure you're paying attention)... ."

I don't know, how many does it take? Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter - they'd live in the dark as they'd never allow themselves to call a bloke for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-o :

Gentlemen - Get that stuff from the house shifted - and it will [/u]not be left alone until it has been

Kev
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To..?
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: DT Reply with quote

OK, I would now like to do several things:

1. Continue to study some of Driteasauge's books, with a Dreamland theme and so include some Dreamland travelling where appropriate, perhaps meeting with Ammar. This means augmenting Carter's Journal with other similar tomes.

2. To oversee the organisation and exacavations for the Lost City of Jadd. Whilst I do not intend being emersed in this work, I expect to be acting as supervisor, delegating where appropriate. I understand that this will involve travel, but I think it will permit me to be at my most useful. I intend taking some of the texts above with me for quiet study. All of which will be moved and maintained under tight security- I am not prepared to risk the theft of any sources. Therefore I request a guard. I recommend the 40th is placed under the tightest security possible. If Coronner shows the slightest hint of meddling then I advocate removing him from the picture- permanently. I assume that Kondor will be needing some concrete foundations Twisted Evil

I intentend splitting my time between the above two objectives.

Moreover, I suggest that we place an armed 24/7 guard on Dritesaege's flat and its contents. Either that, or me relocate the contents, but I suggest the former, due to the warding which he installed there.

Shik.
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Digs Reply with quote

I note that you want details of the digs.

1. I suggest liaising with Max and Klaus about chosing trusted excavators. I hope to speak to Selier and Max about a suitable cover story, one along the lines of Kondor should suffice. The dig must not be seen as a dig.

Where exactly is the site? In other words, how easily will the work be overseen?

Who is it that has been causing the trouble at that end?

Perhaps turning the place into a granade/ artillery range may be a cover- where a bunker needs to be built at one end. This assumes that we can get a covering barrage/ granade throwers to add the feel of authenticity, without blowing us up in the process!

How big is the site? I.e. how long would it probably take for three men to dig? I.e I need an idea of scale and manpower/ time.

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Loose Movements to Tie Up Reply with quote

If I get the chance to visit the Dreamlands, I would like to ask Ammar (and/or anyone he suggests) about the following loose ends:

"Find out who is opening up the Stygian Clefts / Vinculum...

Track down / learn of whether or not the two trapped Astral Wampyr ratted you all out, and if so who to... "

I request that Fleischer, Klaus and I could work together as a team on the dig/ Dreamlands/ book work. Obviously Klaus will not be joining us in the Dreamlands, but the three of us could make *considerable* progress on the texts. Such three-headed work could provide answers for other loose ends.

Klaus would also be very useful in assisting in the dig (management and donkey work) Wink Fleischer may have the know-how and contacts to provide a viable cover story for the dig, ie weapons testing/ firing range.

Klaus and Fleischer, would like to join me on this? Very Happy

Shik.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we resolve the above (top stuff BTW Martin - bang on job), I'm going to assume that anything posted up here is for public consumption. If there are issues that you'd like resolved on a one to one basis I'll take PMs or direct emails. Ta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: