www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJEKT EAGLE (planning thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: PROJEKT EAGLE (planning thread) Reply with quote

The Purpose Of EAGLE

Installation to be built over the site of a Rik-Sha-Val (glyphstone / standing stone / ancient druidic site) so that experiments can be conducted upon it exploring it's possible use as a communications/transportation device. Possible back-up site to KONDOR. Prof. Happley is to lead research.

Proposed Sites
  • SouthEast Germany, near Velden - Little remains of the stone circle (just a depression). Close to a small village.
  • Western Poland, Szubin - Old country house sits on the site. Circle exists beneath floorboards. On a hill.
  • North France - Ideal, remote, excellent condition stone circle. Close to the Atlantic wall. Risky.

The above sites have been located by SD TEAM VI (Koalition). Details included below. The above highlighted suggestion has been expressed as preferred. C requests that UJ TEAM IX submit security and operations reccommendations for this site plus any other concerns or suggestions.

SD TEAM VI
  • Commander REIMANN, Alexander. SD-SICHERHEITSDIENST (trans: Security Police). Team Leader. Bureaucrat.
  • Leutnant GROSSE, Daniel. SD-SICHERHEITSDIENST. Security / Minder.
  • Hauptmann LOSS, Leon. HEER desk jockey. Occultist & Historian.

Last edited by I-KP on Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Polish Site? Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that we the Polish site was provisionally decided upon. If so, I believe it was suggested that the Baron might want to "live" in the old house above, as a cover story, and he will of course legitimately need security and not to be disturbed.

Perhaps the Baron has the contacts to requisition staff for the building of the facility?

Security is not by area- but how far is it from the Eastern Front (ie far close to the Soviet Army)?

Sh
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szubin is in west central Poland a good distance from the eastern front. The house itself was a converted 18th century Orthodox church (see pic below for it's current state - note that the tower has completely collapsed).

The Baron has more than enough in the way of background to organise his own move. The house in question is delapodated and will require extensive renovation and preporation for EAGLE. Disguising the renovation may require thought. On the note of security (considering within Poland) guards, fences, dogs and checkpoints would be a sign of the times. Would obviously attract attention tho.
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: The Money Pit Reply with quote

This place looks like the money pit! However, I think that the building materials can be smuggled in under the cover of renovating the place. But we need a cover story for what the place is going to be.

Suggested cover fairy tales:

Perhaps as it was a Church it could be so again. The place would need a new tower and that would need a lot of foundation work which could conceal the underground shenanigans. Twisted Evil

Or, what would be the *least likely* building to attract the attention of Nancy? Did Hitler outlaw religion? If not, it could be a bible repository for bibles about to be sent to the soldiers on the front?? Laughing If he did, then a repository for whatever Hitler encouraged, permitted.

Or a morge for our dearly departed? It could be used for this purpose and would have a high repulsion factor for Nancy I hope! Moreover, as both myself and VJ are military vets we would (I hope) have the required contacts and motives for such a task!

Lastly, a new sewage pumping station. Shocked

What do people think?

Shik
Twisted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I almost wince at the idea, as Munich is having it's library cleared out, perhaps it could be a book depository?
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: The Money Pit Reply with quote

The only caveat I have about it being a book depository is that it may attract attention from Nancy- ie what books are we storing and why? If Munich is being cleared out, could this also be cleared out in a few months time?

Shik
Church

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having it diguised as a relay sation in the radio network,

Positives:

- May have Guards
- Wouldn't have 100's of people visiting
- Nancy shouldn't be that interested.
- would explain why lots of construction ( hardened bunkers for radio equipment)

Negatives:

- May attract attacks from any resistance forces in the area
- Also may be targetted by the Allies wishing to disprupt comm's to the eastern front

or lets go with the Baron's house
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: