www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dangerous Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal Tournament 3 reprise anyone? Lots of us already have it and it's available from Amazon for all of a fiver. Free updates to v2.1 and the free Titan pack make it equivalent to the 'Black Edition' of the game currently floating around. Could be an alternative for Dangerous Games meets on Mondays maybe.

El_Cid, Pyroxian and I are grinding through StarCraft 2 but I doubt everyone will be in to that.
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.l4d.com/comic/comic.php?page=0

Bill's Last Stand.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BORED of Left4Dead2 now. It has been (at least) every Monday for two years so that's not a bad run by any means. I've spoken to a few of the guys and the general feeling is that L4D, although perhaps the best game we've had, is running out of Steam (see what I did there? fnar!). Finding a replacement is nigh on impossible so here are a few suggestions as alternatives instead:-

Sword of the Stars (Steam - cheap). Good for four to six players if the galaxy is kept small enough to keep things moving. Can't do drop in / drop out play with this tho.

BZFlag. Free capture the flag tank game; has a large cult following. Many players. Did I say that it's free?

Multiwinia (Steam - very cheap). Kind of relaxed RTS with numerous game modes. Up to four players.

StarCraft 2. Fast and furious reincarnation of a classic. Up to eight players. Full price, however.

There are a few full price games coming out too which may suit, including Red Orchestra 2.

Ideas anyone..?
Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have SotS - good fun, willing to play again.

There is a Borderlands game running on sundays, ask El Cid or myself about it.

I should be getting Starcraft 2 for Xmas - up for some mp after practicing a bit thou.

As for the others - they look fun, willing to give them a try if we can get a full game.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey and Ian said that they'd be up for some more SotS; perhaps we should try to set a date. (I need to get it working in W7-64 first tho.)

Starcraft 2 for the win! Keith has been joining us in our little training sessions too, as has Mr. Burge from time to time. It's not until you look back on how you used to play that you realise how far you've come. I.e., we all started off ultra-crap (we're only crap now).
Buzz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borderlands - sunday

SotS - monday or tuesday

Wednesday - boardgames!

Thursday/friday - free so far.
Church

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning!

I couls be up for some online gaming again ( thou not mondays) afetr I've moved which would be teh back end of Jan. I could do SOTS or SCII
did you mention a free one?Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, it lives! Wink

Monday nights have come to an end as they used to be. Probably still the most common night to do something though, but not exclusively. SC2 we can play any time as a group (get some team games going) but SotS will require a bit more organisation from all involved. I'm up for time suggestions.
El_Cid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkk3SiywLHI&NR=1

A developer run through of the new Red Orchestra, or a walking breathing advertisment for forced sterilisation, you decide.

Either way, Red Orchestra 2 is looking fine.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still has that RO feel which is what I'd feared had been lost at mention of 'career progression' and 'battlefield heroes'. Looking good.

PS. Try to ignore the monstrous cock that is the interviewer who quite clearly couldn't give a monkeys about the game.
Twisted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey will be free after today as brother getting married.
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you/him/everyone.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dangerous Games Star][craft League

Don’t know about you guys but I’m bored of playing against the AIs, and although the ladders are full of Hu-maans there’s nothing quite like playing against folk you know – and can shout at on TS. So how about a wee league of 1v1s just between the four of us (me, Ian, Keith and James – or others if you know they have SC2)? Nothing serious, just for chuckles, and we might even learn a thing or two in the process. Granted, there is a bit of a skill disparity between us but none of us are that good that a crafty move – you know, the stuff that AIs don’t do - can always be shut down. The game has good Observer functionality so those who aren’t playing can spectate and coo about the proxy pylon that hasn’t been noticed, snoop tactics etc. How about it then? G’wan. G’wan, g’wan!

I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, everyone is up for the DGSL so I've made a thread for it in HERE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56

Jump to: