www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fiefdom of Eastwood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Fiefdom of Eastwood Reply with quote

The fiefdom of Eastwood comprises of the city of Ua Cathaid, along with the surrounding towns and villages.

Caer Gavannon, is a small but well defended castle that has traditionally been the home for the ruling Lord.
The castle is positioned on the side of a series of majestic cliffs, surrounded by excellent farming land.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth I have a country estate and three surrounding villages on the edge of lands owned by House Corvid (presumably within the actual fiefdom for which you are Cantref). I am also responsible for investigating crimes and running a portion of the Realms courts - but in Gevou I would guess that these are largely feudal controlled anyway.
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not in my Fiefdom.
Though a Cantref Lord, I'm told I do not have any minor nobles upon my land at this time.
We'll find out when you get your first Economic Details. It will show who you pay tribute to.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....well actually I get paid to look after the land -) or more exactly run the local justice system on behalf of the high justice. The overview you is:

"The ministry is made up of a stipend from Edgard Reign the High Justice of Gevou and the Royal Chancellery, plus some income from your country estate, The stipend is for your upkeep and status as Edgards Knight Champion. In exchange you are expected to investigate specific matters of Justice on Edgards behalf and to deal with the apprehension of particularly dangerous criminals. Also you have been given the responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of a number of court houses scattered across Gevou.

Much of your outgoings relate to your responsibilities as a senior member of the nation’s justice network and the upkeep of the staff required to run your operations and your country estate close to land owned by House Corvid."

of course the cost of running the courts is more than the stipend receied to do it but cel la vie.

So was taking that to mean that the estate would be within the area that House Corvid rules, as opposed to actually on the land that is actually owned by the House. I'm assuming here that most land owners will owe loyalty to one of the 4 cantref lords?
- Mike
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,
your probably right...

I'll shut up now! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: