www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Task - The Jaguar Clan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Task - The Jaguar Clan Reply with quote

I consider this to be one of our more important personal tasks.

The clan will probably be initially hostile as we insulted them when we forced them from Gevou.
We must ensure we have some method of apology for this. I personally like the idea of gifts of some of our fine wines.

The Sardines are most likely going to try and enlarge the rift between us to prevent us gaining stronger allies, we must ensure we are the first to speak with the Jaguar clan.

Perhaps as we have had previous dealings with the Jaguar we can offer someone to aid in the discussions with that clan?

Temur Ban wishes a bodyguard of Jaguar for himself, I suggest we also offer them land in Eastwood as it appears the cantref has lost a lot of it's strength.
Iain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we cannot welcome the Jaguar back perhaps some kind of contingency would be in order? I think it may be wise to silently court the favour of the rivals of the Jaguar in case this occurs. If the Jaguar side with the Sardians (*spit*) it would be wise to attempt to minimise the effect of any alliance between the two. By allying with the Jaguar's rivals perhaps?

Edgar
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar (did?) share a deep hatred of the Sardians. They would have to offer something pretty spectacular for such a fundamental change of stance.

Jaguar holds the Bal-thingamajig (nasty Pirate's sword). Perhaps, we could come to some sort of arrangement where he gets to "look after it" in an official capacity if they return to Gevou rather than demand it's immediate return.

They are militaristic, so they will probably respect strength (ie. us) and not weak and wimpy politicians that likes of which Sardia will be in attendance with. The idea of Hospitality Duels might be enough to keep them interested. Perhaps even a tourny of some kind. Something ever so slightly rigged in favour of any Jaguar champions. If Jaguar himself get's involved, maybe he'd be more aggreeable after a few bouts (and beers).

Undoubtedly there will be conflict. Perhaps this would be a good time to use the Red Rage Brew to fire up any Jaguar camp allies. If they suddenly and inexplicably become even more fearsome warriors under our banner they may find the draw irresistible!

Finding out what Sardia are up to is of paramount importance. They'd be fools not to try to get in with Jaguar, or get in with their foes to engineer some kind of coup. So, as we can't really spy on te Sardians (as they know who we are) we need;
- Camp Law on our side.
- Military superiority (and the authority to back it up).
- To know who the Jaguar's foes are and who they parley with.

The middle of the three we already have, so thats 33% there already.

If we are going to be good hosts we need a helluva lot of grog. I've tried (several times) to get prices for Moniak but they never respond.
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendship has begun anew!
They returned the Bal Mortegen, and will be looking to fight along side us on the plains.

To quote "our armies will be one"!
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not the same, but one. If you are understanding me. *wink*".

Ho-ho-ho.

Next game there will be a new Jaguar PC who may associate himself within our ranks. When the PCs start to unite the Refs have to pay attention (esp if we make a noise about it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: