www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'14 Days Survivors Leave'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: '14 Days Survivors Leave' Reply with quote

Official Line:

Following the return of UJ-IX from engagements in the North Sea all members have been granted 14 days survivors leave from the UBERREST-JÄGER (Reich Antiquity Hunters). UJ-IX may use this leave as they see fit.

Koalition Line:

ZELLE-NEUN may use the leave as they see fit but KOALITION considerations must remain at the fore. No direct orders will be given regarding how this leave is used but 'C' (Admiral CANARIS - Head of the ABWEHR [German Military Intelligence] and the secret KOALITION OF GENERALS) most likely expects that such orders should not be necessary; he trust that all KOALITION members understand that this isn't a '9 to 5' undertaking whilst accepting the importance of keeping one's personal affairs in order.

Clearly, Fleischer and VJ will not be able to benefit from this leave in any way as they are being treated in the psych-wing at KONDOR. You may offer verbal advice (depending on how the treatment goes in the early weeks - Mike) but that's about the limit. Sorry!

Game Terms:

You have a short period of DOWNTIME. It would be helpful if you could write a few sentences below regarding how you plan to spend this downtime. Based on what you write this may release some Resources and, depending on the productivity of the downtime, offer up a point (or two if you are very lucky - remembering that using the 'Living Off The Interest' rule means downtime Resource rewards are much lower) to spend on said released Resources. These extra Resources will come in handy for the preparation of the upcoming operation in Russia, so you may need to tailor your downtime to maximise certain Resource gains.

Last edited by I-KP on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least I'll be able to get my photographs in order. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consolidating my notes, doing as much library work as possible on the events which we have just witnessed and cross referencing it where posisble.

Martin
MerlinTHP

Location: An insignificant rock in the arse end of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: REPORT Reply with quote

Transmission detected ……

Incoming message……

Incoming message……

Code verified…..

Message begins…..

REPORT….PRIORITY THREE….REPORT….

TO: CODENAME “R”

TOP SECRET….FOR “R” EYES ONLY

REPORT BEGINS……….Operation “Nein mehr ficken herum”……

CURRENT SITUATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS…..

CODENAME “EAGLE”:
Operational and work continues. PRIORITY: Activation and control of STONE. Potential access to CODENAME “NEXUS”.

CODENAME “KONDOR”:
Operational and work continues. PRIORITY: Investigation of and support for PROJECT J... PROJECT J outstanding too long….
CODENAME “Child” EXTREME DANGER… Must gain knowledge of correct flagstone and complete writings to learn how to counteract Mittekries efforts in this…

CODENAME “Archivist” to work supporting dig with colleague of CODENAME “Wahnsinnig als ein Sack der Frettchen”…
CODENAME “Wahnsinnig als ein Sack der Frettchen” and CODENAME “Herr Subtilität” support until required for “L”…
CODENAME “Bleistift” to assist with overcoming bureaucracy….

Recommend plenty of protection to counteract Mittekries sabotage….
If not enough progress made during “L”, assignment of 9 to task afterwards advised…

CODENAME “NEXUS”
This site may contain many answers to what is going on. Mittekries have extreme interest in this area…
Potential access guessed at by sea (surface or sub) or through STONE….
Legendary site. Contents unknown but Mittekries risking much to find it…

WARNING: As area watched by Mittekries, site surveys require caution.

SEVERE WARNING: Unknown entity of extreme power appears to be guarding area….

Observed capabilites and appearance of entity to follow…..

CODE CHANGE 1578….CHANGE IN 3 SECONDS………….

NEW CODE ENABLED……

WARNING: HIGHLY SENSITIVE.....REPEAT….TOP SECRET….FOR “R” EYES ONLY

CODENAME “THE BOOK”:
May contain highly valuable information to the organisation. This book apparently should not exist and has a legendary status…
Its secrets may reveal much about what is going on. Choice seems obvious except….

SEVERE MENTAL HEALTH WARNING….

The strange effect this book has on the sensitive and educated cannot be overstated. Compulsion to possess and read overwhelming.
Potentially very dangerous to mind of the reader. Personal knowledge of this area highly limited/non-existent.
Recommend book remains under 24 hour guard in KONDOR by non-sensitives….
Current responsibility of Soldat K while CODENAME “Psychotiker” out of action…..

Orders issued…..NO ONE IS TO TOUCH THIS BOOK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION DELIVERED IN PERSON…..

Current plan…Allow CODENAME “Wahnsinnig als ein Sack der Frettchen” to read under guard by CODENAME “Herr Subtilität”
CODENAME “Wahnsinnig als ein Sack der Frettchen” one of two people currently able to read Old English.
May cause total mental breakdown and require replacement doctor for L.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Message End…..

Transmission terminated…..
MerlinTHP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: OOC Reply with quote

On an out of character type note, reading this book may 'kill' your character Martin so if you don't want to read it there is an IC reason not to (Peters or R won't let you). Is yes then prepare Shiky a rubber room please.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downtime awards based on the above:

Shikelgreuber
Reads to me like a 'heads down' kind of downtime. This downtime will be worth 1 point and will release the Mythos Resource only.

Peters
Read to me very much like a 'get everything organised at KONDOR' kind of downtime, spending a lot of this period working the political channels and meeting with "C" and "R" frequently to discuss and prepare for the way forward. This downtime will be worth 2 points and will release the Contacts and Influence (Koalition) Resources.
dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reisse will be taking some leave back in Dresden. His main priority will be to find out what happened to Kirsten (so more questioning of locals and people who knew Kirsten about visitors, this will also include writing and sending of letters to old school friends who also knew Kirsten), trying to get something coherent out of her and general oh-bugger-the-wife's-a-stone-bonker type things.

He will also take some homework of whichever tinkier bits need tinkering to aid Project Kondor. He's got a few ideas about improving the technology about the monitoring and panic buttons in Kondor and potential improvements to audio and visual recording of sessions within the labs. Using magnetic tape for audio and clunky remote control of film cameras for visual.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riesse

Kirsten:

Had moved out of Astrid and Dahk's house. Not far, just a few streets down, staying with an old friend from school called Helen Kohn. Helen's husband, Michael, is serving in the North Afrika campaigns so she appreciates Kirsten's company for not having to live in the house alone.

Your marital home sits empty and cold. The animal blood stains remain in the deeper recesses of the kitchen fittings. The house no longer feels warm and inviting. As for the master bedroom, a foreboding feeling hangs in the air.

Kirsten is still quite withdrawn but at least talkative and for the first time in weeks she actually seems happy to see you and the time spent is pleasant enough, if a little awkward at times. It is as if she has little concept of the weeks that have passed since that dreadful day. She won't talk about what happened and makes no mention of her suspected pregnancy.

Helen, on the otherhand, is very willing to talk when Kirtsten isn't around. She says that she also thinks that Kirsten is pregnant. Kirsten sometimes has night terrors and often talks in her sleep. Nothing specific is said but the name Garient was mentioned. Helen says that there have been no disturbances at the house since Kirsten moved in.

Now, this name, Garient - it rang a bell somewhere. After a day or two mulling the information over it hits you. Garient, Garient 'Gunhand' Meckle; that's the name of a ‘Sunset Westerns’ comic book cowboy villain. As children yourself and Tobias used to play cowboys and indians and Tobias was always Garient. Always. One of the calling cards of Garient was to leave a tobacco spitwad on a silver dollar. (If you remember, a silver coin with a sticky black substance on it was found in your master bedroom at your home when you first recieved the letter from Astrid about Kirsten's condition.)

Kondor:

This downtime will be worth 1 point and will release the Contacts and Influence Resources.
Astro Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shikelgreuber:
"There is no point in us possessing the book if no one is going to read it. The book may be putting the base in very serious risk of attack reading it will almost certainlyhelp us to prepare for this. Moreover if the book is stolen without us reading it then we will have had all the detriment with none of its benefits.

Reading and so liberating the knowledge therein is, in my view, vital to our objectives; we must utilise it! I am the best qualified to read and assimilate the book. I therefore request that I am permitted access to the text. Place me under supervision if you wish. If you really think that it will drive me insane then why not let me read one page? You will then get an idea of its effects on me without subjecting me to permanent harm if you are right? Or the knowledge it contains if I am right.

Are the benefits of the book not worth the risk?

Shikelgreuber.
Twisted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 9 of my incarceration

There are some things, the man is not meant, in order to know. It is a frequently used plate, but which means it to those from us that already it has knowledge of these things you. Do we more become from men or smaller? The doctor smooth, to be considered can as my resembling, if he did not see, what I have? Now I handled there to provide some letters tools from my ' faengern to can I unite details to note, so that further production of my studies can learn.

Mother, help me. They are coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can safely assume that VJ is quite mad.

Shik. Shocked
MerlinTHP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: *sigh* Reply with quote

And I let these men play with my insides....

Rolling Eyes

OK. Prior to Leningrad, Shik can read the book (dictating its contents in case he gets to a bit that sends him potty; so we at least get something) with a couple of burly soldiers on standby in case he loses it.

On the bright side, at least if he goes off his trolley then he is doing it where we can swiftly get him into a nice safe padded cell.
Twisted Evil
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 Day

This is intolerable. I EXPLAINED the doctor that I need all my notes, to remain constant with me. Since I woke up this morning, I found that specific sides were removed. I must examine, whether he considers the danger of releasing my notes to everyone, particularly main butchers. Anyway to the study of my own mental condition. I am reminded of something by the innovative work, which is settled by Maslow in its Hierachy of necessities and into transpersonal the psychologies is referred. One of the main criticisms of the work Maslows was that he took the basis of the reason as those outsides its triangle; and those that remained outside of the triangle by it were not jumped, but still necessary entrance to it to fulfull their daily paper needs. This presents itself obviously and others, with a paradox. The Sinnesdoctor must try to have me without one point really to couriers, the reference, to determine to what is cured. My only tax bracket, which I can use, is the members of cell nine; but I must permit members to the credit of my own doubts about my cell.

Peter is perhaps healthy from them everything that; because of its overwhelming faith in the energy of the explosives. Raw product however effective blocking unit.

Schicklegruber is the other end of the scale. While it me hurt, in order over mean friend to speak, how this, it suffered obviously a temporary Psychosis of such a thing I came over here rarely. The layman it became, thus disassociated with the world that it exists in its own understanding. If this is an excessively complicated idea, think tighten Quixote on. He believes herzlichst that he fights still to windmills, but he does not show external characters of the Bedraengnisses. My only hope is to force it to confront its number of deaths before it loses all contact with reality.

Butcher. Bad main butcher. A fighter to the end, but an end, who comes soon. I do not believe that I would be, to treat it even if I could reach it. If Hauptschickelgruber tightens Quixote, main butcher is fist is.

Tear on the other hand. curiously. I believe that the problems, which it has with its husband cause a disturbance, which really protects it. In the way of the self-mutilation, he steers the pain, by adding him on. Which concerns me, I must take care that tests away from the sense doctor lead, from fear that it it discovered and the wrong ideas of them take. While I that cell nine are, my friends white and only the best for me wishes; there are few, which can protect me against the h
They come in the night. They search for me. I cannot escape. There is something worse than death and I have found it. Mother often tells me of the things that were under the bed. Things that made her scream. Things that hunt for her even now. Even as she stays with me, she will be dying. I must escape or all is lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: