www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psych Profiles Post-North Sea Aboard HSK Atlantis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Psych Profiles Post-North Sea Aboard HSK Atlantis Reply with quote

FLEISCHER, Ekhart

Permanent Insanity;
PREPSYCHOTIC SCHIZOPHRENIA - Social and/or Occupational Impairment; Fatigue (Physically Tired All Day); Feeling Worthless or Guilty; Irritability or Hostility; Distrust or Suspiciousness; Physical Violence; Risk of Harming Self.

Assessment:
Subject suffers from residual auditory symptoms that manifest in a constant buzzing sound, not entirely unlike a severe case of Tinnitus. No physiological cause is evident. Subject reports hearing voices - or "communications" - on an occasional basis. Seems to be of the continued belief that he is being contacted by some supernatural means. Probable schizoid indicator.
It is the recommendation of this examiner that FLIESCHER (Ekhart) be admitted to a well equipped institute for the mentally disturbed for not less than two months whereupon treatment can be administered. Security measures should also be considered for this patient.

-INSTITUTIONALISED-
(@ KONDOR, Mirosov)

Game Impact:
Ekhart, altho playable, is quite potty. It is likely that he will be removed from duty and admitted for treatment. For the duration of this institutionalisation you might want to put some thought into genning up a temporary character.

VON JAEGER, Klaus

Permanent Insanity;
EPISODIC PAROXYSMAL ANXIETY (PANIC DISORDER) - Drug or Medication Abuse; Phobia; Obsessive Thinking or Compulsive Rituals; Prolonged Anxiety, Tension, or Worry; Poor Sexual Interest or Ability; Overly Dependent Behaviour; Poor Physical Health.

Assessment:
Subject is of the belief that he is being pursued by an unseen foe and has constructed an elaborate set of rituals that must be completed each day in order to fend off this factitious assailant, to not do so results in irrational behaviour and serious Panic attacks placing himself and others in physical danger. When stable the subject is lucid and rational.
It is the recommendation of this examiner that VON JAEGER (Klaus) be admitted to an institute for the mentally disturbed for not less than two months whereupon Psychosocial and Pharmacological treatment can be administered.

-INSTITUTIONALISED-
(@ KONDOR, Mirosov)

Game Impact:
Klaus is still playable with this malady, albeit tricky. It is likely that he will be institutionalised on his return but this could be avoided if a good reason is offered. If he is locked up for a while then perhaps you should put some thought into a temporary character.

(Mike, I'd like to talk to you about VJs time in treatment - an oportunity to do some creative writing if you're interested.)

DREHER, Telek

Temporary Insanity;
PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER (PREMORBID) - preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates; reluctant to confide in others; reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events; persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights; recurrent suspicions, without justification.

Assessment:
Subject demonstrates the potential for extreme paranoid behaviour, especially when triggered by a very specific set of visual cues. When in the grip of an acute episode the subject is capable of unprovoked and extreme acts of violence. It is this examiner's belief that the subject's line of work is begining to take it's toll. At present the symptoms are moderate but left untreated this Premorbid condition could develop into Schizophrenia.
It is the recommendation of this examiner that DREHER (Telek) not be admitted but seek immediate and comprehensive Pharmacological and Psychotherapeutic treatment.

Game Impact:
Telek is more than playable with this malady. If he doesn't get the treatment he needs he will deteriorate into a looney-tune ... which is nice! ;)>

REISSE, Axel

Temporary Insanity;
DELIRIUM & ACCUTE CONFUSIONAL STATE - impairment of consciousness and attention; global disturbance of cognition; psychomotor disturbances; disturbance of the sleep-wake cycle; emotional disturbances, e.g. depression, anxiety or fear, irritability, euphoria, apathy, or wondering perplexity.

Assessment:
Subject is suffering from sporadic episodes of Acute Confusional States linked to the factitious plight of loved ones. When in these states the subject poses minimal danger to himself and others around him but the potential for an untimely lapse does pose significant risk.
It is the recommendation of this examiner that RIESSE (Axel) not be admitted but seek immediate Pharmacological and Psychoanalytical assistance in how to identify the early stages of a Delirium event. If this condition is not treated then Perpetual Acute Confusional State is a very real possibility.

Game Impact:
Riesse is more than playable - no problems - but will need help with his malady. Either that or become a vegetable of your choice. :)>

SHIKELGREUBER, Hieronimus 'Express Elevator To Hell'

Assessment:
Not affected adversely by the events in the Norwegian Sea.

Game Impact:
Minimal.

PETERS, Wilhelm 'Teflon'

Assessment:
Fit for duty.

Game Impact:
Minimal.
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SHIKELGREUBER, Hieronimus 'Express Elevator To Hell'

Assessment:
Not affected adversely by the events in the Norwegian Sea.

PETERS, Wilhelm 'Teflon'

Assessment:
Fit for duty.

Damn, I got off lightly Smile

Positive to the blue text though Iain Smile

BTW, the following product is in the Works atm at £2.99. Thought I'd check up before I pick it up. From a brief flick through the contents there is no mention of Ultima Thule; but thought I'd better check before I wade in. Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've always said, you are free to read up on events after we cover them in game but try to avoid reading ahead. (Martin gathering data on SS activities in Tibet was jumping the gun, for example; whereas reading up on Hess would be fine.) I wouldn't mind a skim through either as it happens. Smile

I'll PM you in the very near future.
dave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Psych Profiles Post-North Sea Aboard HSK Atlantis Reply with quote

I-KP wrote:
REISSE, Axel

Temporary Insanity;
DELIRIUM & ACCUTE CONFUSIONAL STATE - impairment of consciousness and attention; global disturbance of cognition; psychomotor disturbances; disturbance of the sleep-wake cycle; emotional disturbances, e.g. depression, anxiety or fear, irritability, euphoria, apathy, or wondering perplexity.

You missed out the Pyrophobia Wink

I-KP wrote:
Subject is suffering from sporadic episodes of Acute Confusional States linked to the factitious plight of loved ones.

Factitious? Factitious? I'll have you know it's a very real plight! Bah... fetch me the hot needles; I'll show them who's having paranoid delusions...
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't his Pyrophobia a residual condition? If so, such Insanities are purely role-play opportunities that in and of themselves carry no direct mechanical penalty; however, Reisse will always be susceptible to regression if exposed to the source of the original Insanity at a later point. (Which enssentially means that he can't get bonuses if he has passed SAN checks of this kind before.) Temporary Insanities, once cured, do not carry over into Residual conditions either; only permies (or worse) do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: