www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZELLE-VIER Character Creation (Mikey / Kev)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: ZELLE-VIER Character Creation (Mikey / Kev) Reply with quote

ZELLE-VIER CHARACTER CREATION

Kev / Mike,

It would be great if you could complete the following. Post your ideas here. This will be public information so don’t worry about the other players seeing it – they’ll need to know anyway. If you do need a reason to talk in private, PM me.

As a quick reminder:

Zelle-Vier are being assigned to Zelle-Neun as experts to help in the completion of OPERATION PETER (details on this later). The three members of Zelle-Vier are a very tight team. Zelle-Vier also understand that Zelle-Neun have been through the grinder in the last few months – north sea aboard the Raider HSK Atlantis under the command of Kapitan Rogge – but the dangers of what is to come are likely to be beyond human experience … if the reports from Leningrad are to be trusted (the theatre of horrors in which OPERATION PETER is to be played out).

1/ Know Your Character. Take a moment to think about who the character is before you complete the rest of these steps.

2/ Character Concept. A Concept is an impersonal single sentence description of who and what the character is. For example (but not, obviously): A grifter, always looking for the short con, plagued with guilt from a previous job that comes back to haunt him.

3/ Character Background. A short narrative, of not more than 300 words, that describes the character in detail. There are a few givens:

- You are part of, and believe in, the Koalition, i.e., no spies please.
- You are part of a small autonomous unit (Zelle-Vier) that travels the world, so no paraplegics please.
- You are primarily a ‘knowledge and expertise’ outfit, so no pure gun-bunnies please.
- You must have, a probably unhealthy, interest in the occult.

4/ Capabilities. Give each of the below Capabilities a rating of: Weak, Typical, Noteworthy, Outstanding or Extraordinary.

Capabilities:
Physical
Endurance
Awareness
Ingenuity
Cerebral
Social
Sanity

5/ Vital Signs. Give me an idea of how tough the character is so that I can produce a Vital Signs track, i.e., health, suitable for that character.

6/ Competencies. Competencies are defined in-game, as and when they are required, but to give you a good start it might be best to define a few of the key Competencies, with a context, that your character has.

Competency rating:
The Basics (Bas.)
Professional (Pro.)
Expert (Exp.)
Master (Mas.)

Competency examples:
[Exp.] History; sixteen years teaching Classical History at the Brandenburg Institute.
[Pro.] Civil Engineering; 10 years working for civil engineering companies building bridges and highways.
[Bas.] Ride Motorcycle; every day riding to and from work in an urban area.

7/ Impetus & Anxiety. Again, these are defined in-game as and when required/suitable, but it might be a good idea to have one or two ready to go from the start.

Impetus examples:
- When he can smell the cash! (+1)
- Suited and booted. (+1)
- When someone's life hangs in the balance. (+2)

Anxiety examples:
- When not in full possession of the facts. (-1)
- When she's not wearing her make-up. (-1)
- In the dark. (-2)

8/ Comfort Zones. Again, these are defined in-game as and when required/suitable, but it might be a good idea to have one or two ready to go from the start.

Comfort Zone examples:
- At home in front of the fire.
- Jogging around the city in the evening rain.
- Elbow-deep in an engine.

9/ Exposure. On a rating of ‘1 to Shikelgreuber’ (1 to 4) decide on how much the character has been affected by the mythos. Note that you do not need a high Exposure to be knowledgeable in the occult. A high Exposure may make certain things easier but also means you are less likely to hold on to your grip on reality when significant mythos events happen.

10/ Resources. Give a rating (Low, Medium, High) to the following Resource areas:
Allies
Contacts
Capital
Influence
Mythos

Last edited by I-KP on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Printed the creation sheet off and will be working on it come Tuesday. Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super. Please do post results up here. (I'm using this board as storage media come post-it note Wink)
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Forgot about Resources. Above edited.
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hauptmann Volger Baer

Huge mechanic with a troubled past, and a few obsessions.

Volger was a blue collar worker in Dusseldorf during the rise of the Party. He married Eva at a young age when she became pregnant after their first encounter. Only one of the twins survived, a son called Pieter; after his father. Years later, When Volger introduced the subject of signing up for the new NASI regime, Eva was furious and threw him out of the house. He left to drank at the local beer keller; and ran into a man who told him it would not be a problem anymore; and talked of the glories of the Thule.

Drunken, Volger returned home to find his house trashed and his wife missing. His young son sat, covered in blood in the ruins, surrounded by what he now knows as an Elder Sign.

Despondent, he signed up for the Nasi party as a Hauptmann but soon grew weary of the talk of conquest. He simply wanted his old life back. It wasn't until he recognised signs of the Occult in his Kommandant's office, that his interest was piqued. Sabotaging the Kommandant's car, he retrieved the books and started to absorb them.

Zelle Vier caught up with him soon afterwards to find a technical expert that would be invaluable to them. There have been rumours of a liason between Klass and Baer, but there has been no substantiated evidence.

To his great shame though, Pieter has recently joined the Hitler Youth; and talks incessantly about the glories of the Fatherland. Volger's concerns, and so his throwing himself into his work, have increased.

Physical : Noteworthy
Endurance : Outstanding
Awareness : Noteworthy
Ingenuity : Extraordinary
Cerebral : Typical
Social : Noteworthy
Sanity : Typical

Vital Signs : Very Strong

Impetus :
New Project (First Day) +1
Researching Occult +1
Anxiety :
Waiting Around -1
Reminded of Past Failures -1
Around Women -1
Comfort Zones
Working on Pet Project
Sex

Exposure : 2

Allies/Low:Contacts/Medium:Capital/High:Influence/Low:Mythos/High

Basic Driving/Football/Mountaineering/Camoflage/Improvised Weapons
Profs Occult/Metallurgy/Carousing/Unarmed Combat/Rifle
Expert Juryrigging/Repair
Master Vehicle/Weapon Statistics

[/u][/b]
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, basic Nazi Party member rank is Parteignosse Helfer, Party Comrade. If Volger doesn't have aristocracy in his blood then his money and/or connections (family?) would have got him in.

I'm guessing his age is thirty-something?

What does this mean? Master Vehicle/Weapon Statistics
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I meant the actual Army rather than the leadership. He's only a foot soldier.

Age to be determined, just making sure. He's around 30ish.

Master level skill in any statistics to do with Vehicles or Weapons. He's a Lugnut Nerd. Smile

I.E. Can tell you the muzzle speed of a Sten gun or the RPM of a Luftwaffe whilst circling. Trivial skill Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Nazi Party then.

Master skill is too high. Will have to downgrade to Expert. (More than enough.)

As long as he's not a grunt, Zelle-Vier is supposed to be a small but highly respected professional group. No reason why Volger can't fulfill the 'find it, fetch it' kind of guy with regard to occult objedar (high Mythos resources).

Oki-dokey. Smile

Find a picture, if you can, and we'll be set.
Twisted

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closest I can find is the guy on the right of this picture

I-KP

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Tony Hancock! Wink
Church

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas v Ackermann

Traveller with a lust for knowlege.

Family
from an old noble family who are now sadly not noble thanks to the Weimar republic, still they have their wealth, lands and reputation.

Early Life
Jonas was taken to the east by his father ((graf) Bastian v Ackerman). They travelled widely ( India, Nepal, Tibet) before settling in Russia for an extended visit with relatives. it was this experience in his early life that that fueled his lust for travel and exploration.
Through out his life he has corresponded with the friends he made there. Several of his family made it out of Russia before the revolution, They now live in England and America. Some of the family reamined and have tried to fit in with the revolutionaries.

Jonas id obviously at odds with the direction Russia has taken since the Revolution

Like his brothers ( Gustav and Franz) Jonas was sent for schooling at Eaton. He fell in with a group of his peers that were experimenting with occult knowledge thay had found in a book that one ( Edmund Spencer) of them had found hidden in his grandfathers study ( Henry S Spencer). He also heard of and became slightly inlvoled with the Thule Society, he is convinced that there are grains of truth here but knows that the mittekries and inner circle will twist and misuse the information.

After Leaving Eaton Jonas spent time travelling the world learning customs and languages ( smatterings) and Occult histories and practices but most of his time was spent in Tibet, Nepal. Upon the outbreak of war he joined the Luftwaffe ( he had already learnt to fly to assist him in his travels he also loves the freedom it gives him)

PHY : N
END : O
AWA : O
ING : T
CER : N
SOC : N
SAN : N

Vitals : Rugged

BAS : Many Languages, Cultures, Butchery

PRO : Piloting, Gunnery (plane), Swordsmanship (machetes & Kukri's too), Russian, Nepalese, Navigation, Survival ( Mountain, Jungle, Cold) Pistol, Drive (Jeep), Mountaineering. Finances, Archaelogy

EXP : History ( European, Asian), Occult

Impetus
New experince +1
Flying +1

Anexity

Trapped -1

Comfort
flying & Climbing

Exposure

resources

Allies: Med - England family Oleg Alexander Star, Occultists ( who continued)
Contacts : High Russia - Tibet - England USA
Capital : High
Influnce : Med
Mythos : Med

This is only rough atm

Last edited by Church on Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 am; edited 3 times in total
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly good. The Extraordinary Awarness will have to be pulled back to Outstanding tho. Wink
Church

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a try Very Happy Added Kukri and Butchery
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charactersheets done:

BAER
&
von ACKERMANN

Competencies don't have a context, as they should, as it would have taken longer to do than I had.
Twisted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: