www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJEKT KONDOR (planning thread)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: PROJEKT KONDOR (planning thread) Reply with quote

PROJEKT KONDOR : PROPOSED SECURITY MEASURES

Required Areas

Personnel
- CO’s offices and Quarters.
- Barracks.
- Kitchens, Mess and Officers Mess (also used for visitors)
- Quarters for Scientific personnel.
- R & R Area.
- Quarters for Medical Staff.
- Quarters for priest.
- WC’s and Showers.
- Visitors Quarters.

Medical
- Small Ward (4-5 beds).
- Isolation rooms *2
- Psychiatrists consulting room
- Stores
- Dr’s Office
- Pharmacy
- Surgery
- WC’s
- Guard posts

Science
- Labs
- Containment rooms
- Emergency Showers (in labs)
- Guard posts (entrance with cover – niches in walls)
- WC’s
- Stores

General
- Offices and Admin
- Meeting rooms
- Stores

Military
- Armory

Construction

Walls are constructed from reinforced concrete to minimize damage from aerial/artillery bombardment. Ceiling and Floors are similarly designed to give protection from the Under crawlers (or whatever we bloody call them).

Entrance is via a steel Vault door that is guarded by at least 4 troopers at all times who are in contact with C&C via a secure telephone link.

Telephones are wall mounted through out the complex to allow easy communications between staff and C&C.

The Science facility will be separated from the main complex by a corridor of at least 50m with security doors at both ends and an airlock. 2 troopers both with telephone links will guard both these. Both guard post will have niches in the walls to provide cover from attackers trying to enter the facility or gribblies exiting.
Walls floors and ceilings will be further reinforced.

The containment rooms will able to be hermetically sealed and have their own pumped air supply. Also the option of Sterilizing the contents remotely with fire.

If possible the Complex will be warded with ‘Hoan-Dor’s lesser ethereal isolation’

Staff

CO
- Colonel Hans Ansel (Heer) Koalition.

Military Personnel
- Standard Guards Heer troopers equipped with MP40’s
- Guards to science Fac armed with Mausers.
- Heavy Security squad (armed with MP40’s and a flame thrower as support)

Science staff
- <?>

Medical Staff
- Doctors x2
- Nurses x4
- Psychiatrist

General
- Secretaries
- Priest or two

Last edited by I-KP on Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool so far. Just a few points;

1. The number of Secure Holding Chambers will need to be listed.
  2. The only named scientists that are to be assigned to PROJEKT KONDOR are Prof. Happley (the woman that was kidnapped from England) and Doctor Alice Schwiliche (JUDE) who was being held against her will by the Werwolf in the secret biochem lab in the Ore Mountains. Both of these women are already assigned to the Projekt. If any further expertise is required then make a list and the Koalition will see who can be 'obtained'.
  3. As part of the General Staff you have recommended a couple of Priests. Any particular denomination? If they are to be resident on site 24/7 then perhaps a chapel of some kind would be in order.
  4. Forgot to mention that the facility can have three levels. Might be an idea to detail what's on each level and the method of transit (eg. number of staircases, elivators, shafts...).

Also, confirmation of the location;

PROJEKT KONDOR
(Sublevels 1 thru 3)
Mirosov Tank & Munitions Factory
Mirosov, Czechoslovakia.
80km South East of Prague, near Plzen

Just as a reminder, these are the following projects that are to be undertaken at the facility;

1. CODENAME:Wildman. Headed by Prof. Happley.
  2. Blood and Spinal fluid analysis (continuation of the work that was being undertaken at the secret lab in the Ore Mountains - no one really knows why or what this work was for at present). Headed by Dr. Schwiliche.
  3. Child Of Destruction Ritual fragment reconstruction (if you remember the fragments of this ancient ritual were in hermetically sealed armoured cases that were being transported along with the 'caged' Wildman under the eye of Prof. Happley, by aircraft when you hijacked it). Headed by Prof. Happley.
  4. Flagstone of Jadd experiments (once the stone/s have been found). Headed by Prof. Happley (again).

As you can see a great deal is being relied upon from the English Professor. As was indicated at the time her interest in the subject matter appears to be her primary concern. At present there is no real 'leverage' against her short of imprisonment within KONDOR and threats upon her life. At least the Werwolf were able to force high calibre work from Dr.Schwiliche by holding her husband and children hostage (whom are now in Koalition custody).
Church

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to get some replies with other stuff, so I could adjust any errors (esp the scientists /projects - thanks Smile ).

I will get back to work on it (inc floorplans even) as soon as the other players get back to me (hint hint) Cool
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floorplans will only be required if you chaps want them to be (I suspect that the X-Com players amongst you will want one). If you do then I can draw out a 'shell' and you can then fill it.
Church

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that, I was thinking of looking at some of the x-com base layouts Laughing
Chaosdeathfish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specs so far sound good to me. Floor plans would be good, it's always fun to try and work these things out with a visual aid..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll draw out a shell of all three sublevels for you lot to fill. You do realise that each of the above requirements will carry a build time. :. to get the fac up and running ASAP some corners may need to be trimmed. Twisted Evil

We'll probably get down to this after you've caught(!) Rudolf Hess, just before you "fall asleep" for a week. Wink
Church

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Arse!! Reply with quote

Damn forgot about Hess, Embarassed
Church

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Anyone object..... Reply with quote

If I take the designing of the floorplans subject to everyones ok ?
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly hand that particular task over to your good self. Well volunteered that man!

Might put the Kondor floorplan on the flipside of the wipeboard (so that starwars ship profile will have to be rubbed - bloomin' cheek Wink ).
Church

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as you get the outlines done send em over and I'll get to work.... at last something to enjoy.... hmmm can't believe i just typed that Shocked
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I'll draw out something on the board tomorrow.

I wouldn't go too far yet though as we've yet to streamline the Wants list as, as it stands, the X-Facility will take about 2 years to build! We're looking at an operational build time (ie. must be at least 60% functional) of less than 4 months.
Chaosdeathfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us an approximate build time for all the pieces we want? That way we can see what can be cut back on (and what can be sped up by throwing more manpower at it), and work out what the critical path is.

Ack! Project planning!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shi-it.

I had to open my big mouth. NNNNGH!

Okay, but later. After you've caught Hess. Wink
Church

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one fish,
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: