www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECH:> CONCERNING Koko

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: ECH:> CONCERNING Koko Reply with quote

“I don’t think that would be wise, my dear,” said Iwoku as Koko slumped further into the soft sofa. “You should try to get some sleep and think more on this in the morning, refreshed. You should try to think clearly and without emotion.”

The time was 0516 and the sun of a new day was beginning to rise above the largest conurbation that the world had even seen; Tokyo. Both Iwoku, a man used to getting up early in the years he spent working as a forensic scientist with Public Security, and Koko were awoken before their time by series of disturbing telephone calls from an individual who refused to identify himself beyond ‘a friend of Taiki’. Koko - wearing one of Iwoku’s wife’s nightdresses - wiped a tear away from her cheek and sighed, looking out of the living room window at the early morning light.

“I don’t know anymore. It’s all just too much to take in. My mother used to say that if you truly love someone that you should stand beside them not matter what. I suppose this means that I don’t feel the way I thought I did.”

“Koko,” said Iwoku has he moved to sit on the sofa beside the distraught you woman, “I’ve only known you for a few days but I know that beneath this tough exterior of a person who has seen more than her fair share of the dark side of humanity, that a you are caring person; probably more caring than you are prepared to admit. The fact that you are sat here discussing this is proof of that. I am simply concerned that you should consider your next move and refrain from acting rashly.

I do not know what is making Taiki behave the way that he is but I do know this: he would never intentionally harm those that he cares about. You probably don’t know this but he and I used to work together quite closely back in the department. Events threw us together and I learnt that he is a diligent man, if a little eccentric at times. If he says that he is ill then I believe, that as far as he thinks he knows, that is the truth. But, you should make your own choices.”

A few moments passed as Koko considered the words that Iwoku said to her. She felt more than just a little guilty at having being forced upon this family household, as a stranger. Taiki is lucky to have a friend like Iwoku, she thought.

Iwoku stood and walked to the living room door, heading upstairs back to his sleeping wife. “I’ll give you some time to think. I suggest you go back to bed and try to get some sleep, my dear. And … in the morning, we will see if we can find you a respectable means of income. I might have something that you’ll like.”

Koko watched the newborn sunlight from the window creep across the ceiling and begin to crawl down the wall of this comfortable family room. She felt comfortable here. As a child she saw herself in a place like this one day. She thought about everything that Iwoku had said, and that annoyed her; she didn’t like being so easy to read. She walked over to the wall terminal and touched the screen gently. The screen lit up and the subtle sound of a ping was released into the quiet room. She opened up a new text-only communication window and her finger hovered over the Recipient field for a few moments, and then made her selection…

Text-Only Communication
To: “Public Security Civil Crime Liaison Desk – CHIBA District”

She began to type in her message and then deleted every character, and started again…

Text-Only Communication
To: Frostbite @Moonpalace.je.com

Last edited by I-KP on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Rx: sivus.domain89.KANAWA.systemhost.net ([175.14.13.841.142])
X-LightStrobe: Produced By FREON Sirect Mail Exchange V1.2.2.9
content-class:urn:content-classes:message
Content-Tx-Encoding: binary
Subject: (blank)
Message-ID: <9FF74G2A0F0ADA5BSE@sivus.domain89.KANAWA.systemhost.net>
X-MS-Has-Attach: No
Thread-Topic: (blank)
Thread-Index: N/A
To: "Frostbite" <Frostbite @Moonpalace.je.com>
Return-Path: "Koko" Koko @domain89.KANAWA.je.com
---------------------------------------------
:(no subject):

T,

I dont know if I can forgive what you did but I promise to try
to understand why you did it. If you are sick then I want to help
but I need some time to think first.

I havnt called the police.

K
-------------------EOT----------------------
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Apologies for not following up on this, have had a very bad fortnight and not felt like writing anything. Will give it a go before Thursday but just not in the mood right now Sad )
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems. I hope all is well. If you need any help with owt just shriek.

We will be doing something called Punctuated Downtime[1] on Thursday. We can sort it there. Won't be able to go into anything like as much detail but that's the trade-off.

[1] A term that I have just this minute plucked out of my arse to describe a lengthy (ish) downtime period with us jumping into and out of game-time for the pertinent parts. As always, this is an experimental concept - much like the whole game TBH - and may not turn out as planned. Dodge those curveballs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: