www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waging of War IV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Waging of War IV Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

It's been a rather long time coming, but the bits and pieces for the next Waging of War are almost done. Army Lists and player packs are almost ready and all pigs are fully fueled and ready to fly. Twisted Evil

I'm primarily sending this out to see who's interested - so let me know if you are and I'll reserve you a place.

For those of you that know nothing about it, Waging of War is a wargame set in the Dead Oasis world, give or take a few bits and bobs. The game itself uses counters to represent units and is basically a bit of fun and roleplaying. Each side has a General and a number of Advisors. You get to have a few drinks while your troops are killing each other in new and creative ways, and there's even a chance of a meal during the course of the day (cost to be decided - but it's usually about £1-2). That's about all you really need to know about it at this stage, if you want to play or want more information let me know either on this board or via e-mail, if you want to ref, let me know by e-mail.

The setting for the battle this time has moved away from the civil war setting of previous events, and over to the Republic of IronWall. For many years IronWall has been regarded as a centre of science and learning, though it's relience on science has left it barren of magic. Rumours of a vast army of the undead, marching towards the city has led to the rapid deployment of forces to protect vital strategic points. Now as the year opens the Armies of IronWall face the Hoardes of the Restless Dead.

Or something like that.

I haven't set a date for the game as yet (I need to get my shift assignment at work before I can do so), but I'll post a few options in the next couple of weeks. It will almost certainly be a Saturday, and will begin somewhere around mid-day and go on till about 6.

So now all I need is for you to let me know you're interested, tell me which side you want to fight for (Undead = shambling hoardes of smelly evil and dark magic / IronWall = steam powered war machines and traditional troops).

I also need a volunteer to ref with me as the idea behind this is to allow Iain and Tony to play for once.

Oh, and one other rule... the losers of the battle buy the winners and refs a round of drinks at the pub after the game. Wink

Thats all for now folks

--
Matt Coote

"In this world gone mad we won't spank the monkey.....the monkey will spank us."
- Jay - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hough is going for the side of Iron Wall therefore I feel it my duty to help captain The Horde to victory.

Let the blood spill (and may all the Iron Wall 'machines' rupture themselves in a cloud of steam-powered flatulence).
matt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: IronWall Reply with quote

YOUR CITY NEEDS YOU!

Quote:
The city of IronWall requires a War General and Advisors for the forthcoming Waging of War. Are you just gonna sit there while the undead take the city?

What are you, chicken Question

Quote:
Lonely city seeks masterly general and advisors for date with undead hoarde. Steam powered war machines available.

Places still available.

The game will be held (unless too many people have major issues with the date) on Saturday 28th February at my place.

Come in costume, bring beer. If we have enough people to have food then it'll probably be along the lines of roast boar or venison, at a cost of about £2-3 for your meal. (If it's an absolute necessity we can cater for vegetarian/vegan)

And, just like trendy nightclubs the world over...if your name's not down on the list you're not coming in - contact me to get your name down on the list.

That is all.

Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! Very Happy

Do the undead shuffle!
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun. what more is there to know?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a definite yes from iain at work so thats another for ironwall

Kev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
sounds like fun. what more is there to know?

Very little. That's the beauty of it. Players never come into contact with any game mechanics, not even a dice. Umpires do all that on their map (yes! yes! yes! I dont have to do that this time! yes! -sorry) and present you with the results according to your veiwpoint. Allows players to concentrate fully on the tactics (and pokes one in the eye of all min-maxers).

Iain
flossy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waging of War hasa been very excellent in the past and as sure as hell I'd be there, but work is interferring with my gaming time!
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

...and I wanted to lock horns with the Old Guard.

Crying or Very sad
mcc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Teams full Reply with quote

Okay folks, that's basically 6 per team now, which is enough. Okay Ironwall have 5 and a half... but that's their problem Wink

Call for players closed.

Ta.

Players can expect player packs today!
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death to the bloodbags.
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top game chaps! Thanks again.

Victory assured (and it was),

Smile
matt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Congratulations Reply with quote

Well folks, this is just a quick posting to congratulate the Undead on their victory on the field of battle. Comiserations (and possibly other mis-spellings) to the Iron Wall Team.

I'll send out an e-mail in the next couple of days to provide a bit of an epilogue to the battle (and possibly set up another).

Well fought battle folks, thanks for showing up Smile .

I'm sure Tim would also like me to once more remind you all "Never Again!"

Laughing
--
Matt
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Congratulations Reply with quote

matt wrote:
I'm sure Tim would also like me to once more remind you all "Never Again!"

I said it, and I stand by it!

Much enjoyment on the day, but far too much stress to sign up for again.

I've done my stint - it's someone elses turn to ref next year... Twisted Evil

Cheers,
Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: