www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK, first I'll confiscate bricks, etc....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flossy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Supers would be cool Smile

Not big on running Supers ... Mikey G and Iain H are better bets for super stuff
Branithar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far be it for to suggest that a d6 could be manufactured with a piece of hexagonal card and a cock-tail stick...

I'm not too familar with the games that have been mentioned, but am happy to give anything a go! If peeps are planning on using IRC, then I could do with some recommendations on clients to use.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branithar wrote:
Far be it for to suggest that a d6 could be manufactured with a piece of hexagonal card and a cock-tail stick...

Did that at the Crite for one of the WW2 War Council meets: beer mat and a feather. Worked a treat and we were all proud of our spinner. Then one of the guys had the temerity to turn up with a d6 in his pocket.

Branithar wrote:
I'm not too familar with the games that have been mentioned, but am happy to give anything a go! If peeps are planning on using IRC, then I could do with some recommendations on clients to use.

As stated, I'm not interested in WoD, SW, anything d20, nor Supers but will give most other things a try at least once. Smile
umbralwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so firstly, What are people willing to Run. Once we know that, we can work out what people are willing to PLAY......

Quote:
Then one of the guys had the temerity to turn up with a d6 in his pocket.

The bastard....... Twisted Evil

Quote:
If peeps are planning on using IRC, then I could do with some recommendations on clients to use.

I use mIRC htp://www.mirc.co.uk but you can, depending on which network we pick on to play on, use a java aplet that most networks link to from their sites.
will Man realise he cannot live on wealth alone...
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
OK, so firstly, What are people willing to Run. Once we know that, we can work out what people are willing to PLAY......

<+Gritty -SpaceOpera>Sci-Fi</ >
<~Cthulhu/Contemporary/Historic/Fantasy>Horror</ >
<+VampireTheWayItShouldBe +SocialEmotional ---WoD ~Contemp/Historic/Fantasy/Cabal>Adamo Lamia</ >
<+Pulp ~LockStockAndTwoSmokingBarrels>BritFlic Action</ >
<-DnD +Sex&Cash ~DO/Armourlok/Sword&Sorcery>High Fantasy</ >

...all with a 'systemless' (or at least, player invisible and numberless) bent of course. Wink
Pixelkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no running for me, but will play anything!
umbralwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I-KPs suggestions sound interesting. The only one I ama bit dubious about is the BritFlik one.... Though I am open to coersion.... Smile But we'll see whether anyone else wants to run anything and go from there. All others ok by me Smile
will Man realise he cannot live on wealth alone...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've been a bit quiet recently as well, but has this died the death?
Pixelkat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that was me, not some nosey guest!!
Twisted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I could get something running next week or so; busy being a Superhero this week Smile
Pixelkat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me know!!!!!
Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna withdraw my participation in this; will soon be running to RP games so not really got the time.
Sad
SteveBurge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
December 14, 2005

NCsoft, Marvel Settle City of Heroes Suit
Marvel Entertainment, publishers of a wide array of comic books such as Spider-Man, X-Men, and The Hulk, has announced that it has settled its suit with NCsoft and Cryptic Studios, respective publisher and developer of superhero-themed MMORPG City of Heroes. The lawsuit, first filed over a year ago, originated over Marvel's complaints that the game's robust character creation toolkit allowed users to violate Marvel superhero copyrights with lookalike characters and powers.

Though copyright violation is forbidden in the City of Heroes terms of service, Marvel sought to protect its intellectual property in order to prepare for the coming launch of its own MMORPG, to be published by Microsoft in 2007, and due to compete against a DC Comics MMO in development at Sony Online Entertainment and also due out somewhere in that timeframe.

Marvel and NCsoft did not disclose terms of the settlement, but the result appears to allow NCsoft's games -- both City of Heroes and City of Villains, the expansion released in the interim -- to proceed unhindered, allowing players to create characters as they wish, without physical restrictions on what characters look like.

A statement released by NCsoft says that "...no changes to City of Heroes or City of Villains character creation engine are part of the settlement. The parties have agreed that protecting intellectual property rights is critically important and each will continue aggressively to protect such rights in accordance with all applicable laws. […] All parties agree that this case was never about monetary issues and that the fans of their respective products and characters are the winners in this settlement."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: