www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJEKT KONDOR (planning thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut it map-boy.

Three floors you know!

Laughing
Chaosdeathfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we have engineers working on digging more floors while we build the main facility? Or extend the current ones? Then we can have a huuuuge complex, possibly even put project Eagle (was it called?) here too. That was the Glyphstone one, wasn't it?

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Church

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grreat idea, I think we need more floors, and we definitly need to prioritise the areas etc...

Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge Mirosov was not an important ancient Druidic site. So Projekt Eagle still needs a home.

Three floors are not enough?! Digging new levels will take a 'very' long time.

Also, having the Science Wing at the end of a 50m tunnel will not fit in the current shell. That may have to be re-thought. All will beceome clear. Huge jigsaw puzzle. Massive game of Tetris. Lets hope it doesn't turn into a game of Jenga!
Church

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed I'm crap at jenga, okay maybe 50m is a bit long, but can't take any chances Wink
Chaosdeathfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could make the corridor to the surface quite long - for the moment have it as it is, but start digging a long ditch which will become the entranceway eventually, roofed over of course. Much simpler than digging a new tunnel.

Although that depends on how open we can be about building the facility.. that might make it a bit obvious something wierd is going on there, unless someone can think of a decent way to blag it. Still, it'll look suspicious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site was chosen for a varriety of reasons...

1. It's in the the center of the Mirosov Industrial outskirts so heavy works traffic will not look out of the ordinary.
  2. Already a fully working Tank & Munitions plant on the surface with Wermacht security presence offering protection against partisan activity or infiltration.
  3. Plant already has an extensive sub-complex that is currently just being used as warehouse space and offices. Sublevels 2 and 3 were abandoned due to flooding years ago and never repaired.
  4. The Commandant of the Tank & Munitions plant, although not Koalition, is known to Col.Ansell (indended Commandant of PROJEKT KONDOR) on a personal level. As far as the surface knows KONDOR will be a secured advanced weapons developement facility. Which, in a way, it is! Wink

The only way this can look a bit 'iffy' is if something goes wrong down there and is spills over into the outside world. Things are bound to go wrong, if they were expected to go to plan all the time then all of this security would not be nesc. It's all about placing procedures and infrastructure in the X-Fac so that dealing with 'trouble' can be conducted without the surface knowing anything about it.
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: In Addition... Reply with quote

Some other resources that might be applicable to your security measures;

1. Perhaps have a PLAN D officer present at all times. Maybe even a resident Situation Control team.
  2. Maybe a detachment from der Abschirmung (The 'Cleaners') could be stationed to command the Security Teams. They would be able to ensure that the KONDOR Security Teams are up to the job as all Abschirmung soldiers are trained to handle 'unusual' problems (Maj.Gen.Richtoven's children!). Part of the Abschirmung selection process requires that Troopers be of greater than average mental fortitude (ie. less likely to flip when something odd takes place).

Some more spanners for the engine! Wink
Church

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a seriously good idea to have these fellas along...
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hund Platoon, the second such der Abschirmung Dethsturm force (trained by Richtoven) is available and has already been assigned in part to your team. Thus far Obergefrieter Fynn is commanding the small detachment that has already been described within the 1941 DOWNTIME thread.

Hund Platoon is commanded by Captain SALTER, Micha. An apparent close friend of the Captain of Engel Platoon, currently stationed at Protivin Castle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> RPG Forum:Silent Bird All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: