www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of Demigods and Passion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GodBound - Books of Honour and Madness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antiwiggle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Of Demigods and Passion Reply with quote

Quote:
b) Demigods - Unlimited choice of Words,may use Greater Gifts and Miracles or Bind additional words at any level.
Demigods have a Cult of devotees they must tend to, Must select a Passion that consumes them and have default unfriendly relationships with all other powers in the setting.

Assuming that Demigods are otherwise the same as the default Godbound, why the Passion, Cult and hostility of the other powers?

Part of the appeal is that undestined, unfettered, unchosen, you are Godbound and your will is writ in fire. Stirring stuff.

All consuming passions are things that the bad guys have in Godbound. Parasite Gods have their addictions, Angels their hatred, the Uncreated their madness, the Timeworn their hunger and the Made Gods are bound to the ideals of the empires that made them.

The Godbound do not start with a cult or enemy powers. They are too new to the world so no one has ever heard of them. A cult is something you build if you want it. It does not add to your personal power but it does let you make bigger changes to the world. As for enemies, they should appear as you start interfering with the world around you.

Of course all the above is only true in the default realm of Arcem. Still adding a consuming passion and general hostility seems to push the game in an Exalted like direction which I feel is generally not a good thing.
Urban Spaceman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Playing around with the advanced settings for the system. Its a Sand box, but not getting much response so i thought i would post something up and see iwhat the reaction was.

Both Adepts/ Dragon Blooded and Demigods are in the Delux set.

Am happy to run conventional system God Bound.

Any ideas about Setting. Will run Flash Gordon if not stopped.
Urban Spaceman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On balance I will just use standard Godbound. I shall be using a twist to allow me explain why the group is together ( something the default lacks)
antiwiggle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I backed the KickStarter so I have copy of the Delux edition.

I can see why Kevin Crawford added the alternative Godbound but I'm not really a fan of them. They are pretty much Godbound does Exalted.

The default setting is fine but I have no strong feelings about it. A Flash Gordon setting (or Barsoom?) might work well.

My broadband has been on the blink which is why I didn't see this earlier.
antiwiggle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban Spaceman wrote:
On balance I will just use standard Godbound. I shall be using a twist to allow me explain why the group is together ( something the default lacks)

Yes that is really, really lacking in the default game. I don't think it is addressed anywhere.
Urban Spaceman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exalted gets around it with Destiny( for celestials)or Society( for Terrestrials). But the unbidden, unknown, undestined thing makes it a bit contrived pulling stuff together.

i am going for Bidden with this one. Someone has/had plans to Scavenge the Words, but they got attacked as they put their plan into action. The 'controllers' are no longer extant, the characters have a previous relationship from ' the Institute'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GodBound - Books of Honour and Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum