www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imperial Hitmen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Imperial Hitmen Reply with quote

I take it you've all read your player packs, the the activity that we're expected to undertake come the close of the negotiations with the various rebellious tribes of the Karakush.

It's gonna be a messy one.

And I do beleive the phrase "you are the Imperial fist" crops up!

Chaps, we have much to discuss before the game. It would appear that we are each uniquely placed to engineer desirable ends...
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if we are expected to execute the leaders of the Tribes that remain rebelious come the close of the talks, we're gonna have to get very close to each of the negotiators.

Also, the Jaguar's are of Gevoun heritage and clearly share the hatred of the Sardines. If there is a chance that we can repatriate this tribe of warriors then we're quids in - esp as if they remain rebalious by the close of the talks the Sea Guard will probably not be able to handle them, as we all know how worthless the Sea Guard are. I suppose we need to find out who they's been talking to, see if there are others in this equasion that could make matters more complex.

What could we offer this Tribe as an enticement? They also hold the Bal-Mortagen so it would be nice to get that back under lock and key, no?

How do we widen the schism taking place on Sardian between the Dreamers and the Vortanius followers? Who / what are the Dreamers? Obviously, Mr.Riddle could come in handy by making contact with the Vortanius side of this with, perhaps, some inventive stories.

Seeing as we've been, essentially, dropped in as the Police, how do we handle the actual negotiations? Clearly are more impressive looking members should put on a show of force with the rest of us to bulk out the presence. But we can't all be there all of the time now can we.

If we're gonna be the Imperial Fist (I really don't like that term for sooo many reasons) then we're gonna need some help. I don't know if the Baron's men will be there but an Orinian official will be. They are in a touch of strife back home, perhaps we could make a show of friendship and offer some kind of assistance? Orina is not part of the The South Seas Alliance but they are right next to it (as shown on the [url=http://www.granddesign.org.uk/rules/supplementary/maps.htm ]map[/url]).

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my background for the GD. A few briefing notes which you can take as being received in character. Will supply more detail if I can't make it, otherwise will brief peeps as appropriate IC:

Law of Sanreval
1. Contract is law.
2. Any legal matter or agreement which affects the interests of Sanreval must be secured by Contract; including trade, finance, culture, politics, justice and any citizen of Sanreval.
3. Breach of contract is illeagal
4. ONLY the Camorra (member of a leading family) of Sanreval are allowed to summon a member of a spirit family.
5. Should anyone get into an argument, with say a Sardinain, Imperial Citizenship can be agreed to be set aside for the duration of the duel by both parties by Witnessed Contract.
6. All merchants trading in Sanreval must have a permit or the active consent of the Comorra - which I recommend is proven by contract.

Rakush
1. Worship of Rakush is on the Imperial proscribed list.
2. An 8-member Vortainain Council has been set (under the authority of the Emperor) to determine the terms upon which it may be removed. I am a member of the council, as is Franz Jakeb, High Justice of "Great" Sardia.
3. During the last peace talks with the Brutes a peace delegation from Tarin, including the Hierophant of Vortainius, was murdered by a group calling itself The Brutes of Rakush". They falsely accussed the peace delegation of starting the blood shed. Recognition and rewards from the the church of Vortainius are likely for anyone able to get to the truth of these false rumours.

Crime
1. A well-connected crime syndicate appears to be operating out of Sirigal. Rewards can be arranged for anyone able to assist in locating and stopping this syndicate.
2. For the above reason be careful of thieves and con-men. Remember to get any deals sealed by contract, and viewed by an expert in Sanreval law (me).

Plague
1. Our physician is advised that there are rumours of a plague in the Realm and come prepared.

My own Influence
1. I have charge of 3 villages (around 300 people) around a country estate close to land owned by House Corvid.
2. There are 8 Knights of Vortainius to guard it (well trained and well equipped "career soldiers").
3. Yes I do have an Oath of Loyalty to House Corvd.
4. I am in-charge of most of the courts around the area.

Do you know anything about the Dubrini, Fips, Kalminev and Blackthorn families that were identified on your census of Gevou?

- Armis Pais (Mike)
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Riddler wrote:
Plague
1. Our physician is advised that there are rumours of a plague in the Realm and come prepared.

I've not got anything in my brief about a plague. There is something called Junglous Gripe which is native to the lands. Maybe that's it. Sickeningly, the pus produced by victims of this disease is actually a highly valuable alchemical ingredient! So ... bring some empty amphules and I'll do the harvesting. Wink

As for being prepared; we've only found out about this along with the player packs so it's too late to be able to make preparations anyway! Not sure what they think we're supposed to do about that.

Karakush wizards are reported to be in possession of mysterious alchemical processes that are currently unknown to the Imperium. They'd be handy for us too. Wink

There's also something called the Crown of the Alchymical King that is reported to have been dug up just prior to the rebellion. The wearer has all the secrets of Alchemy laid bare, so is told. Again, would be nice, eh. Wink

Oh, I got some Alchemical recipies too;

Incence - for rituals aparently. *shrug*
Medicinal Bandages - We know what they do.
Minor Poison Antidote - Cures minor poison (5min or greater).
Powder of Wakefulness - Rouses people from Sleep effects.

None of the above I actually have cos you need to obtain the ingredients then brew them in downtime. Wont get any good stuff till I get the next level, then I won't know about the good stuff till the start of the next game which by then will be too late to actually get anything brewed up! We'd be looking at the game in 2007 (cos I'm one point short - still think they added my points up incorrectly) before we have any good stuff in the field. This Alchemy lark is a bit daft and takes faaar too long to be of any use at all (esp with one game per year). If you didn't start the game with the Alchemy skills already then you're a bit boooggered really. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitty about the time to brew alchemical potions. All I know about the plague is that I was advised by the Hierophant of Justice a week before the peace conference that "there are dark rumours of some sort of plague within that Realm (Rakushem)". Sounds like your your information is probably a bit specific.

I wasn'y sure whether it was simply a case of buying the right ingrediants to treat it as a physician, but if you actaully need to brew potions I can see that week isn't much notice -).

- Mike
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing; the time for buying kit / brewing potions is over by the time the packs get issued (as the list of potions you can brew / warnings about specific threats both come in the packs). All seems a bit 'horse before the cart' if you ask me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Diplomacy Reply with quote

Particularly with the ex-gevoun lot, how about a mix-team set of friendly duals with drink and warrior poetry (if anyone is up for that). We can sell it as something that the High Kings Jaguar mercanaries always used to do with Gevoun mercenaries. It can be topped-off with hospitality drinks supplied by us (I'll bring a few along -))? What's the betting that the Jaguar are one of the tribes that use violence as a diplomatic tool -).

Incidentally, to put matters diplomatically and for obvious reasons not to be mentioned on open forum board, but we could find out if the Jaguar have any rivals that they may not want to sign the treaty....

It might also be worth gazumping Professor Bilderberg down to our hospitality tent early on. Presumably, some of the bigger tribes if enlisted can help 'perusade' the smaller ones to come along?

Hmm incidentally if we do have to break-up any violence between the parties to the talks we may be able to nominate which justice the case gets dumped on, depending upon the sympathies that we wish to draw-out.
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showcase duals sounds like a top idea. More thna likely the Jaguars are going to feel like they're among fops and pansies. If we do that then they may feel just a wee bit more homely. Wink Do we have a Gong or a Horn to signal the start and stop of the bouts?

They are bound to have rivals. We have to keep our ears to the ground.

Gazumping sounds like a chuckle.

As far as I read it, we're effectively the police for these talks. If violence does break out then no reason why we can't come down harder on the non-Jaguar aligned tribes (if we can get a pow-wow going prior). Have to be careful that we're not being played by then tho. We may have to speak with the Camp Commander (can't remember who that was; some Sanreval chap?) to get our Justice to be the top man with regard to camp issues. It would be a disaster if the Sardian Justice gets the job.
Nicebut Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sanreval people have their own high justice who I beleive is in attendance.

Skipio is the Sanreval military leader, I know him, but never spoken with him.

One matter we have to consider with the Jaguar is that the Sardines will be trying to upset things and possibly gain their trust in our place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hight Justice of Sanreval Nehra na Vortainius na Keraja na Camorra will be present and in charge of the Vartanian Council at the pace conference.

My advice is such that over 'zealousness in enforcing the peace' against Imperial Citizens without the permission of the Camorra could potentially be treated as breach law.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> The Grand Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: