www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SYS:> Personal Chapters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: SYS:> Personal Chapters Reply with quote

As cool as it would be to keep this secret and just drop it on you all mid-game, I think what we would lose in 'surprise' by telling you about this now we would gain back in smoothness and a sense of player input.

The plan is to run a Personal Chapter for each character in turn (in no particular order) that is in effect a 'flashback' to an important, defining moment in that character's past. The thing is, no-one will know when their Personal Chapter is going to be triggered because I'd like it to happen when the character, in the main plot arc, faces a situation similar to the historic event or a decision comes up that the background event would influence. In order to do this I need to be forearmed with what the event was. Then when it is resolved we jump right back into the main plot arc as if nothing had happened.

So, from each of you I'd like a broad outline of what this event could be (in private please, but the general 'type' of the event should be public). I'd like a list of important poeple, places and organisations, general plot - enough to be going on with. If you would like to define how the event turns out then this would also be helpful (but only you and I will know this - and it will only be a 'guide' as to how it will end so you still have a sense of foreboding).

Clearly, only the charater whose Personal Chapter we will be playing will actually be a PC. Everyone else will be playing NPCs from this past event (a hint as to who these people are would be most helpful).

Each Personal Chapter should last no longer than three sessions. So if you are absolutely certain that it will last two sessions, you'll be wrong. Double it. At least. Don't worry if it seems overly short because generally it won't be but in the distant off-chance that it is I'll just pad it out a bit.

Some already know about this and have ideas:

The Guv (Tony) - 'Split Second' style romp back in Westminster (London, UK).
Jonny (Kev) - 'Stand Alone Complex' style Public Security bad day on the job.
Yoshi (Cat) - 'Akira' style romp.

It would be nice if you have some ideas regarding the Soundtrack to these Personal Chapters to have playing while we do the same. For example: Guv, Skinny Puppy anthology; Jonny, Fleshfield (fast paced industrial grind); Yoshi, Akira soundtrack. Don't worry if you haven't got an idea, I'll prolly sort sommat out. Wink

Thoughts?

Last edited by I-KP on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts from me..

Either how Taiki got his foot....
or why he left the Police Force..
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ever would make the most interesting Chapter. Think about it then send me a plot synopsis?
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. There is no reason why you can't have a multi-part personal chapter that can be revisited at a later point in the game; episode stylee if it suits. Six personal chapters should keep us going for a while but the chance of a 'follow up' at least means that once we've played your chapter it's not all over. Also, as these chapters will be triggered by in-game events / situations / observations they'll pop up in no particular order. I will try to avoid having 'episode 2' of someone's personal chapter pop along before we've gone thru at least one of everyone elses.
Church

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I'm enjoying Mike's personal chapter Shocked

Yes I'm scared too Shocked
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full credit to Iain for 'realising' it through my muddled wording Smile
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundreds of pounds of therapy...
*shakes head*
...down the shitter.

Well, I'm glad you're liking it thus far. Frankly, I thought I was cocking it up left right and center by not being able to string a cogent sentence together all night.

Decent ideas, good plot, excellent players, GM proving to be something of a bottleneck of late.

Maybe it's because it's the end of a working week (just about) and battery levels are generally pretty low. Should be used to it by now. What, 3-4 years on a Thursday? *shrugs*
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, some shield clarifications that we glossed over the other night in the interests of getting down to it ASAP:

Shield, Buckle
0.1 encumbrance;
+1AV vs one attack per ACT;
can still use 2HDD/Paired weapons.

Shield, Round/Targ
0.2 encumbrance;
+1AV vs two attacks per ACT;
no 2HDD/Paired weaponry.

Shield, Kite
0.3 encumbrance;
+1AV vs all attacks per ACT;
no 2HDD/Paired weaponry.

Shield, Wall/Tower
0.5 encumbrance
+2AV vs all attacks per ACT;
no 2HDD/Paired weaponry.

(See RULES thread for details regarding Paired weapons [re 'BRUTE'])
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-KP wrote:
Hundreds of pounds of therapy...
*shakes head*
...down the shitter.

Well, I'm glad you're liking it thus far. Frankly, I thought I was cocking it up left right and center by not being able to string a cogent sentence together all night.

Decent ideas, good plot, excellent players, GM proving to be something of a bottleneck of late.

Maybe it's because it's the end of a working week (just about) and battery levels are generally pretty low. Should be used to it by now. What, 3-4 years on a Thursday? *shrugs*

TBPH, I didn't notice any muck-ups; I was too busy being scared of my own mind Wink
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWSFLASH:

I'm a fucking idiot (this may not come as news to some) who doesn't even know his own system.

Why? I said that Armour Values (AV) stacked. They clearely don't (Kev's original question was correct). Only the fractions (#'s = 0.5) can stack if you can make them whole and you take only the best rating from the layers you are wearing.

Some examples (just the numbers):

1#
+
1#
does not make
but does make
2 (1 + (2*0.5))

2#
+
does not make
but does make

1#
+
does not make
but does make
Twisted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would 4 # stack into 2? If you didn't die from overheating?
I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could stack more than two layers, yes.

Encumberance adds up as normal. Each integer equates to a direct penalty that is applied to all physical tasks. Notable Strength is able to negate a like amount of Encumberance without affecting the usual bonuses afforded by Notable Strength.

For example:

Wearing the following...

Arming Coat
Enc.: 0.3
Hand: 1#
Blade: 1#
Blunt: 0#
Impale: 1#
Shot: 0#

Field Harness
Enc.: 1.8 <-- -1 on all physical tasks (less Notable Strength)
Hand: 4
Blade: 4
Blunt: 2#
Impale: 3
Shot: 2#

Would result in this...

Arming Coat & Field Harness
Enc.: 2.1 <-- -2 on all physical tasks (less Notable Strength)
Hand: 4
Blade: 4
Blunt: 3
Impale: 3
Shot: 3

Mr. Green
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taiki sat in his own misery. To say things weren't going as expected would be like saying Japan is a little in need of binmen.

The shining medallion shone back images of his face as he twirled it in his fingers. Images of despair, loss, heartache and worse; descending into the psychosis he sat in.

The train's windows seemed dirtier now; he wondered if that was from the smoke from the tunnels or just his eyes.

His mind pulled memories back starting with God shooting Iwoku; he couldn't pull himself to think on that. First they had searched the bodies, the others taking the guns but Taiki had no wish to touch them. The faces behind the masks were as he expected, androgynous masks again. Mindless clones in jumpsuits....where had he dragged that idea from...even his mind was being sarcastic now, all pretense of socialities dumped.

Then a little bitter gift, a medal from the Tokyo Marathon. That clinched it for him; the 'borg called Control in a medieval iceland had told him it was some sort of virtual dream; the Ice Giant had to be the image of a virus and now this little scrap of dreams plucked from the recesses of his mind; he was running some sort of sick virtual mindgame, but to what end?

Mimi had already run into the next tunnel, away from Koko, as usual. The limping Brute followed her, with Control dodging in front to check. God stood, devoid of any regret for killing Iwoku, whilst Face and Twoshoes followed up behind, sharing in their moronic chatter.

The tunnel they entered shone with a wet, grey edge to it and Taiki smiled before laughing out loud. Of course, they were in his mind so they were ACTUALLY in his mind. He stroked the grey matter to relieve his head as Twoshoes looked back at him, worried. What were those others though? Mimi had to be either his conscience or his lust....or his ambition...or his laziness...or...:It was no good.

Smoke reached his nostrils and he gagged, tensing up. Around the next corner, Control yelled that there was the Tokyo Marathon heading through the Underground with smoke billowing through the tunnel. Taiki didn't really care by now what it looked like, it was just another obstacle.

Control lead the way as they moved through the crowds; but Taiki remembered seeing negative images of someone almost like himself jogging by and then one appeared in the corridor ahead of them with a gun.

Control was torn by the first, Brute by the second and the unfeeling God dispatched them. Then Taiki found out they were Sisko Corp. and God's version seemed far too lenient.

Mimi ran onto the train and the other's followed, Face trying to find where we were going. From the Driver's seat appeared Taiki's Father, like another tumour in his brain.

Again he lost reason and dived on his Father demanding WHY? and his Father dismissed him with a slap that hurt far more than anything he'd ever felt. WHY NOT?

Control tried to stop him but fell, Twoshoes was batted off and God, again, strode to deal with him.

Brute sat next to Taiki as he cried.

"Who am I?"

"Who do I follow?"

"Where do I go now?"

I-KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: