www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SYS:> Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I-KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: SYS:> Rules Reply with quote

DOWNLOAD (v1.34 .rar) 26-06-06

Last edited by I-KP on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I need to open this?. This Spanish system canĀ“t cope with it.

Cheers Nick
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winRAR or winZIP.
I-KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.34 CHANGES (yet to be uploaded - now uploaded!)

No COMPETENCE

No COMPETENCE loses the '2-for-1' option. No skill means no effort can be put into the task. Only luck (Overrides) will count.
(This has a knock-on effect for TEAM EFFORT which now works more smoothly.)

Rationale:
No COMPETENCE will only really come into effect with highly technical skills as most other things will fall under a COMMON COMPETENCE (no free EFFORT but can still put EFFORT in). Someone attempting something that that know nothing about will be relying on luck entirely.

SURPRISE

Surprise bonuses the attacker rather than penalising the defender.
If a combat starts then POTENTIALS are compared like any other combat but...
...if a combat event hasn't already started the attacker gets a Double Advantage (+2) or Tripple Advantage(+3).
...if a combat event has started the attacker gets an Advantage (+1).

Rationale:
If a combat event has already started then it is reasonable to assume that all involved are at least expecting 'something' to happen. If the target is not in a combat situation then when they are taken by surprise it is reasonable to assume that the attacker will have a stronger advantage.

MULTIPLE TARGET SPACING

Treat spaces as targets when accumulating up the Multiple Target attack penalty. For example:

No spaces:
[target] - [target]
(-1) - (-2)

Spaces:
[target] - [space] - [target]
(-1) - (-2) - (-3)

Rationale:
Targets that do not occupy the same field of vision will be harder to engage. Simple.
In the case of mini-guns: Strafe fire mode doesn't suffer from any Multiple Target penalties but the [space] should still count as a target when determining how much ammo is burned off (usually ~50 rounds per target engaged).

Last edited by I-KP on Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAIRED WEAPONS

Using Paired Weapons requires at least Professional COMPETENCE in both weapons.

MELEE:

When using Paired Melee weapons the player can exchange one characteristic of the Primary weapon with one characteristic of the Secondary weapon, per ACT. The resultant 'weapon' is then used for the COMBAT mechanics.
For example:

Primary: Mace (Trauma/Laceration, Blunt)
Secondary: Parrying Knife (Bruise/Cuts, Blade, +1AV vs one melee foe)

Could become...

Mace & Parrying Knife pair (Trauma/Laceration, Blunt, +1AV vs one melee foe)

Or even...

Mace & Parrying Knife pair (Trauma/Laceration, Blade)

Rationale:
Allows some level of situation customisation. Kind of the point of pairing weapons really!

PISTOLS:

Paired Pistols still count as just one pistol (i.e., you don't double up the damage or make two COMBAT checks in the same ACT) but
- when engaging multiple targets one '[Space]' can be ignored (See MULTIPLE TARGET SPACING), and;
- if both weapons are used against a single target that is within Effective Range, increase the base INJURY (of the most effective weapon) by 1 GRADE.

Rationale:
Doesn't overpower having two weapons mechanically and yet still allows for that quintessential John Woo, Hard Boiled, moment. Oh yes indeedy.
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on a minor tangent, is it viable to have a single Master level skill that's not 'borged, if it's written into the character profile?

Would like to know as it's very likely to come up in the near future.
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on a minor tangent, is it viable to have a single Master level skill that's not 'borged, if it's written into the character profile?

Would like to know as it's very likely to come up in the near future.
I-KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can have what you like, you know what your character can do but we have left the Honeymoon period well behind so any development will have to be done in-game. Only reason we have few[1] Master level competences is because either nobody asked for one or because it wasn't justified/appropriate when they did.

PM me if you don't want to shout about it. Smile

[1] I say 'few' because we do have two Master competences in the crew (50% of which being PC owned).
Twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say written, it's actually been on the character sheet from the start. It's Taiki's abilty to work on Large Scale Machines/Construction which is described as pre-natural (sp?). This has been his main focus for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure if that would count as Master or Expert.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master requires something particularly special, something exceptional, 1 in 100'000. If Taiki really is a league apart in this field then Master may be appropriate but if there is any doubt that he isn't, any at all, then he isn't and it will be Expert.
Twisted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsessive/Compulsive study for 20 years count?

What I'm thinking is that it counts as Master (Large Construction), defaulting to Expert (Large Repairs) with Small repairs at Professional. Hence being a whiz at Truck Repairs (impetus)/Evaluation of Firefighting in Buildings (Impetus). All stems from his accident when he was little.

Knock on effects of the Tension zone and the abysmal social skills.
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just re-read Taiki's portrayal, I don't really get a 'Master' vibe from that section of the text. Expert I have no issue with but Master just doesn't quite feel right somehow. Hope you're not too dissappointed. We could perhaps work on that aspect if Taiki gets significant DT to work on it. (But he shouldn't really bank on getting that much time to himself!)
Twisted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, it was just something that was likely to come up so I wanted to check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: