www.themutepoint.com Forum Index www.themutepoint.com
Leicesters Games Soc Site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNAFU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Church

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: SNAFU Reply with quote

Ok Chaps for the benefit of Yosama who Obviously wasn't paying attention Wink

We've been approached by Inspector Togusa of Section 1, who has 'requested' that we help them with a matter of public safety.

It seems that the Global Islamic Caliphate are using refuse collection services to distribute weapon and bomb parts. Inspector Togusa requests that we scan the refuse crates that we collect to check waht is contained, if anything suspicious is found we are to report to Togusa.

(thinks that's all)

On another note it seems that Yoshi's parole officer has found out about our little RTA and Yoshi's statement and that of the Boss has been thorugh a hearing regarding Yoshi's future - a decision has yet to be reached.

anything else?

Last edited by Church on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Church

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: SNAFU Reply with quote

**WARNING BRAIN DUMP**

Togusa's request ( demand??) seems fairly easy to deal with, it may make us targets if anyone finds out - and as Togusa and the Boss have stressed this is not mentioned to anyone outside of the crew.

I'm sure a spanner will get thrown into to the works and something will go wrong.
I'm also fairly sure that someone in the DPS is invloved to recieve the 'goods' so discretion is definitly advised.

The target of the strike by the GIC may be the the DPS main HQ's - wouldn't kill that many but would casuse prob's with refuse collection and pretty soon this would cause real problems for Tokyo, far more of a problem for a city where lives are cheap.

thoughts
Twisted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Taiki said
"The best way to hunt for sharks is to throw sardines in the water first."
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said I'd resolve Jonny's family dealings and Taiki's meet with the Nautilus Girls offline (tr. not round the table) but I'm probably not going to be able to do that now. Will have to be round the table after all.

On the subject of discussing secrets: It would be nice if we can keep it round the table. What I mean to say is resolving things with me offline is cool but seeing as I'm trying to make this feel more like watching a movie than a normal RP game it might be better for the Players (not the characters) to watch what goes on behind closed doors. Clearly this isn't possible for some of the secrets (particularly where other PCs are directly connected/affected) but for the vast majority I think it'll make for a richer game. As players you're both the participants in the "movie" and the audience at the same time.

I've been in games where people have loads of secrets that are resolved offline or "in the kitchen" and some do warrant this but IME the vast majority would be better shared with the Players t the table (not the PCs - I think we're all experienced enough to deal with this separation) thus helping to maintain the atmosphere and minimize game flow choppiness. I think most players would prefer to sit back and listen in on something that they're not involved with rather than being left out entirely for 30 minutes. I know that this hasn't happened in the game (yet) but I'd just like to try and nip it in the bud before it flowers.

Does this make any sense? Do you agree?
I-KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said I'd drop this scribble in for Andy:

(Scale note: the front drive wheels are 6ft high.)
Twisted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense. Note passing/kitchen talks always promotes paranoia, even when unwarranted.
antiwiggle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-KP wrote:
Said I'd drop this scribble in for Andy

Just a scribble huh? Well I suppose it will do. Smile

Are you still after news items?
Church

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan ( as long as mike doesn't verbally annotate things Wink )

Will certainly move things along more quickly
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted wrote:
...Note passing/kitchen talks always promotes paranoia...

The note passing will continue with gusto! No small amount of dummy notes going around to divert your aim. Wink It's the kitchen talks that I want to stay on top of. Think of it as being cutscenes with one PC involved instead of none.
I-KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antiwiggle wrote:
Are you still after news items?

Yes please. Smile
Twisted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RL has thrown a gamble my way again.

As of today I'm now in Grantham for 6 weeks; this won't interrupt the Thursday game; and there's a strong chance I may be able to wangle a Saturday out of it. Watch this space Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.themutepoint.com Forum Index -> GHOST /in the\ SHELL All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: